White smoke under load.

Fasterthanyou925

Reaction score
No more smoke but today a new issue came up; I was driving up a hill at low speed and it started sputtering. Pulled over, turned it off and called my wife to bring me fuel as I figured the gauge was just wrong. Just for giggles I fired it up and it ran fine...so I figured I'll just drive it home. Got about a mile down the road and she started missing bad again. Got it home, and figured maybe it had an obstructed fuel filter. I popped the cap and fuel sprayed EVERYWHERE. What could cause such high pressures in the bowl? Bad regulator?

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Fasterthanyou925

Reaction score
Disconnected ICP sensor and went for test drive, it ran GREAT then died. Now it cranks but will not start!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Check the fuel level in the filter?
At this poimt, I think you're just gonna have to get a good scanner on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Fasterthanyou925

Reaction score
Check the fuel level in the filter?
At this poimt, I think you're just gonna have to get a good scanner on it.

Yes, it sprayed fuel all over me...cap was under extremely high pressure and very full. I've done some reading, I'm going to check the IPR tomorrow and HPOP level. But I agree, I think I'm definitely going to have to get a scanner on it. Btw the WTS light is working, tach works when cranking as well as the SES light. Had to tow it home today with my golf cart...not cool! Lol

Fasterthanyou925

Reaction score
Yeah, IPR could've crapped out. Or the nut may have came off.

Tomorrow morning will tell all so long as this storm doesn't come in (I'm in rural North Texas, weather can get really crappy, really fast). BTW, here's the truck in question. Traded it for a Tahoe I was into for $2200 (but was worth more), plus dude gave me $200 and a nice .40 subcompact
You must be registered for see images attach

Fasterthanyou925

Reaction score
She fired off today after 2 new batteries and a new updated IPR connector from international. Ran great for about 45 minutes then started bogging again. I had the ICP plugged in during that time (known to be bad) so I'm going to unplug it in the morning and see how she fares!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there is any oil on the ICP connector, it's a bad ICP. They start acting up when they get warm/hot. If you have a chip in it, pull the chip and then run it, see what happens.

Has the UVCH ever been changed? Drivers side seems to go bad first, did on my 99.5. Pass side is still OK with a 183K.

Fasterthanyou925

Reaction score
If there is any oil on the ICP connector, it's a bad ICP. They start acting up when they get warm/hot. If you have a chip in it, pull the chip and then run it, see what happens.

Has the UVCH ever been changed? Drivers side seems to go bad first, did on my 99.5. Pass side is still OK with a 183K.
Determined it was a bad IPR connector in conjunction with dying batteries and oil in the ICP. The truck runs awesome again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online