which turbo???

bigrandy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK heres my question.When I bought my truck it had an ATS turbo on it and the PO said it was an 088.Not knowing the difference I didnt question him on that,I did know that it had just been rebuilt.Well I was reading some posts on here and FTE and saw a parts breakdown for ats turboes and low and behold Ive got an 085 turbo:dunno Any way I just bought a wrecked 94 and the turbo is there so which turbo should I use?the motor is coming out anyway so if it were your truck which would you guys use:dunnoAny advice would be helpful.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the wastegated factory turbo is in good shape, I'd prefer to use it as I really appreciate the quicker spooling of a wastegated turbo. If it is in questionable condition, I'd stay with the freshly rebuild turbo on your truck now.

Just my $0.02.

Heath

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
^agreed^ I like the wastegated turbo's personally.

Sorry to hi-jack but how do you tell a 085 apart from an 088? And why is one better than the other? I thought I had the 088 maybe I was wrong...

bigrandy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The downpipe is different,I dont know what the other differences are.I'm sure somebody on here knows:dunno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent