where to start

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have my idi, now im ready. what filters do I need? where can I get them? shall I start with bags? Ive got a hand pump and a couple of leads on wmo. I will go get at least a barrel then what?

I know there are very simple questions but I need to get started.

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
Just read through the threads in this section. Just about anything you need to know is in here. what types of waste product to use, how to filter or centrifuge, blending and heating.

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have read through the treads quiet a bit. I need something more simplistic to get myself started. like what did your first setup look like, where you bought the filters and such. home depot, napa online any infor helps.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First setup included three filter heads with a 10 micron, water filter, and a 1 micron, ethanol, biodiesel filter.
I used a automotive relocation head for the standard oil filter, bought a farm tank filter, Golden Rod brand, water filter.
Pushed the wmo with the barrel pump I had, and only added 1 gal of wmo to a tank full of fuel.
Late this summer I bought a centrifuge from PAbiodiesel, rigged up a old power steering pump with a electric motor to push the wmo. Still using the original three filter setup to "prefilter" before I run the CF.
Water filters, and something below a 10 micron filter rating is a good way to start, others here let their mixes settle after filtering.
If you can "McGyver" the stuff you might already have keeps the cost down.
Like the old racing saying, how fast do you want to go depends how deep are your pockets.
Living where its warm most of the year will help a lot on filtering and how much wmo you can run in the tank.
There is a thread not far below this one that has many pics, those are people that have been doing it for a while. "Pumping WMO" I think.