Where to get the timing adapter

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
The thing that goes on top of the injector. I got my new lines installed on the driver's side bank (much bigger pain than I would hav guessed), but I don't have a timing adapter thing for injector 4 so the line is too short. I installed the line from the previous set (only #8 was bad) but it kind of threw everything off. The number 2 line will not go on now and the number 4 line is pressing ******* 6 and 8. I would like to use the regular line with the adapter if someone can point me in the right direction.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The factory timing device goes on #1 injector. All lines should fit easily if you have them going to the correct injector. From what your saying, sounds like you have some mixed up. They all should lay in side by side so you can put the clamps on. Without the clamps they will viberate and break in time. Pic shows IP connection to each injector. There is a sequence for installation, I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT FOUND THE SEQUENCE. 2--7--1--3--8--4--5--6 install lines like that, they should lay right in.

Attachments

• DVC01380.JPG
    DVC01380.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
Yeah it's hooked up right. It just turns out that they are lines for a van and not a truck. The vans had the ferret timing adapter on injector 4. Unfortunately I don't have that adapter on either injector 1 or 4. I think I might try to bend the line how I need it to be.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i can look i might have one kicking around. i am not sure i would bend the line, its going to preload it which may cause more stress fatigue and cracking. that and the difference in length might throw the timing off slightly on that cylinder, probably not enough to matter much but i would try to find an adapter.

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
If you do have one subway that would be great. I really don't want to bend the line, but the other option I'm seeing is getting 3 new injector lines (4,6,8) and I don't really want to do that. I will try installing the lines in that order OldBull. It would be great if it worked, but It seems pretty clear that this adapter is needed.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
DO NOT BEND THE LINE TO FIT...:eek: That will only work to get you home from the dark side of the moon... Nothing more. These lines are designed to fit. Making them fit someplace they are not designed to is really going to break them. I don't have the adajpter and its no longer used or needed. I do have many new lines and I will check to see which lines I have that are new for you. Sorry but I can't check this out right now but I will get em dun.

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
Thank you very much Icanfixall. I really appreciate it. I'm not finding anyone selling full sets right now either.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel Agnem IIRC just recently told someone he has several sets of used ones. Might PM him.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I looked around and couldent find my spare off hand, used to have some spare lines to but I am not sure where they went either.

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
I was acutally able to get it together. New 6 and 8 lines (with clamp), old 2 and 4 (with full clamp). I am now in the market for the drivers side bank of truck injector lines. I don't expect this to hold together all that long honestly.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
MWFI has new lines, including the van lines here you could use a truck #4 instead of a van line and ditch the spacer unless you are one of the extremely rare few who actually still times that way, otherwise just get a Ferret for timing and you dont have to worry about it

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
Thank you. I will probably get the number 2 and 4 lines from them if I can't find them cheaper. The number 4 line I have now, I'm not really sure what it came off of as it has a wacky bend to it that interferes with the 6 and 8 injector lines.