Where to find radiator supports?

tbiagent69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are no less than 6 diesel *trucks with good* rad core supports in the junkyard down the street from my house. If there is a need and it's somewhat easy to pull the core supports then I'm happy to grab and ship them (for a small price, of course)

Last edited:

wjamesm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a Diesel core support for a 94 , somebody shoot me a price to 16823 . thanks

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Wonder if all 6 could be palleted up and shipped freight? How much time you got?:sly I would think interchange would just be bricknose and OBS. So Pre-'92 and Post-'92. But don't bank on that 100%

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You can't bolt obs fenders and hood to a brick header panel (aka core aka radiator support).
Headlights and grill Yada Yada Yada won't swap either.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, don't forget the short-wide radiator variant in the Slant and Brick core supports. Trucks without factory air had a different radiator and core support than the factory air trucks did. Just because it is a diesel, it may not be correct for all applications. Heck, in the Slantnose trucks, if they didn't have factory air, there were no dash vents in the truck, they had 2 completely different dash assemblies for the air and non air trucks. The non air trucks have windshield(Defroster) registers and floor registers only.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Rock auto. $161 new plus shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh, i dont think those work with the diesels though.
Yes, it says it will. But how often does something say it'll work, but is far off?
Was just thinking someone said they weren't made anymore.
Could be wrong.

ken74amx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried one yet. I'm planning to swap from brick to obs and was gonna order everything from them. I've only had one issue with a door I bought and they refunded me the price of it and told me to keep the door too. Awesome customer support!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Would be good if it did work, but it could also be aimed at 94.5+ with the powerstrokes.
Which I don't know how much, if any difference there is.
But also like snicklas said.
I guess I could measure my psd one to compare to a idi one.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might check with a local body shop and see where they source them, or if you could even buy one through them. I sold one on ebay (foolishly... I should have kept it!) and figured $50 shipping should cover it. Boy did I loose my shirt on that deal! I wrapped it in cardboard, taped it and sent it UPS, but I paid at least $20 more to ship it than what I made on the auction!

ebrown1207

Reaction score
Also, don't forget the short-wide radiator variant in the Slant and Brick core supports. Trucks without factory air had a different radiator and core support than the factory air trucks did. Just because it is a diesel, it may not be correct for all applications. Heck, in the Slantnose trucks, if they didn't have factory air, there were no dash vents in the truck, they had 2 completely different dash assemblies for the air and non air trucks. The non air trucks have windshield(Defroster) registers and floor registers only.

I'm in the process of trying to reconstruct the front end of a 91 f250 with the 7.3 IDI non turbo. I order a support from LMC and the radiator doesn't fit but everything else fits as it should. Mine did have a/c but it had been removed what type of radiator do I need to get to fit the new support or where could I get the correct support?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamojster