Where to find a good 4BT

Diesel_Junkie

Reaction score
I have been searching for a good 4BT motor for my rock crawler. I think i want one out of a bread van, with all the accessories, bell housing, GM style clutch and adapters, ect.

Anyone know know of a good place to look? Got one laying around?

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Too bad you're out west. The guy I bend exhaust for has one, in his back room. I cant remember if it's set up for a NV4500, or a ZF5.

If want to talk to him, drop me a PM, and I'll get you connected.

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
avant salvage down here in ga. buys all of the frito lay delivery box trucks when they are done with them and 95% of them have 4bt's in them... they have quite a few last time i checked with them... but thats probably not going to be much help for you on the west side as shipping would be killer

Diesel_Junkie

Reaction score
Shipping is probably not that bad considering the markup everyting gets in california.

Thanks,

What do you guys think is a good price for a used but runnin good 4BT????

MudHog

Reaction score
$1500-$2000

I missed out on one of those Frito Lay 4BT from a local guy. Sold it for $1500 with bellhousing setup for chevy auto. I think they get the other 5% of Frito engines that are left over. Last he told me was that sometime at the beginning of this year, Frito was to let go of some more trucks with 4BTs in them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin