where to buy u-joints

aaklingler

Reaction score
Has anybody had trouble finding u-joints that fit correctly? I bought 3 for the wheel joint on my 96 dana 60 and all 3 the cross was too wide. What brand do you guys use?
Allen

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I had very good luck selling Precision. Good fit and seemed to be a very quality product, especially the Brute line, very small holes drilled across, making the wall thickness in the cross about three or four times as thick as the normal ujoints.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
I usaully get them from napa.
for some reason ever u joint I get from advance doesnt fit right.

aaklingler

Reaction score
I got 2 Neapco and 1 Precision and all 3 measured too wide across the cross. Has anybody run into that?

aaklingler

Reaction score
Thats what I came up with, I think they all take the same u-joint, I have also picked up a spicer u-joint and all 4 range from .025-.070" bigger then the yoke. Nobody else has seen this?

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I know axle shaft upgrades on the D60's to a 37 spline (IIRC) are commong, maybe someone has upgraded the unit. I think the originals (mine has them, I counted them, but it's been two years ago) are 30 or 32 spline. If you have a good parts store around, they should be able to measure your old one and get you the right parts.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
are ya shure the ears on the shaft are not bent in.
may be worth a trip to a drive line shop and have them put in the axle for ya.
all my PIA ones I take to a local shop

aaklingler

Reaction score
Both sides of the yoke at the farthest end of the yoke and and the inner end mearsure 3" and I guy on SDD gave me a link to neapco's website and there measurement is 3". I don't know how many splines it has, I have the side back together I had apart, I put the neapco in that measured 3.025". Both sides had spicers in that looked about 13yo. It was a PITA to get the spindle off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent