where to buy fuel line and pump

mustangmatt89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to replace the fuel line from the tank to motor, what kind of line and where do I buy? I have already replaced all the lines connecting the injectors when i replaced the injectors but need to replace the lines that go to the tanks.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Usually major auto parts stores will sell fuel line in bulk off a reel, but you don't want to get the regular ol' rubber fuel lines if you ever plan on running WVO or WMO.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think its 5/16s and i would use the rubber fuel hose thats rated for fuel injection, it has a plastic lining in it.autozone has it just tell them you need fi hose oh yeah the liner is blue from them. hope this helps.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The line could be steel or plastic depending on the year of your truck. I wouldnt use rubber all the way. IMO

pt_Ranger_v8

Reaction score
I used steel lines bought in 5' lengths (cause I got a good price). 3/8" for the feed, 5/16" for the return.

If I were to do it again, I would've bought a 25' roll of 3/8" stainless at home cheapo, and just ran that the whole length. Can't be much more expensive, and it would never rot. Plus, using the clips that are on the frame is always nice.