where is this wire suppost to go to?

triverrat

Reaction score
i have a red wire small one hooked to the poss terminal of my drivers side battery and the other end came off from what ever it had been hooked to,now my truck f350 super duty 4x4 one ton 6.9 1987 will turn over but wont start.i didnt notice the wire when it came off so i dont know where it goes.i am getting fuel.so that hot wire has got to be what im missing. thanks this is my first diesel ,its all new to me!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
the only wires coming off the driverside battery is black ground to engine block, and red to pass side battery. anything else was added on. the driverside battery is the auxillary one. pass side is your primary one.

Fixnstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.....now my truck f350 super duty 4x4 one ton 6.9 1987 will turn over but wont start.i didnt notice the wire when it came off so i dont know where it goes..... >snip

I happen to be in your town right now (if your Profile information is still correct) and I can help you.
I just just finished redoing/fixing/replacing the the GP harness on my 87 F250 a few days ago (should be identical to yours) - from the starter solenoid @ left fender well, through the controller, and all of the connections, plus new alternator & voltage regulator, new Pos. battery cable assembly, so I know where everything goes. I also have the factory manuals with wiring diagrams on CD. I could come over and look at yours and probably show you where everything goes, and we can also look at my wiring for a reference.

I didn't see a way to send a private message to you for contact info but I'll try another option

Fixnstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the "Conversation" function (not knowing what that is exactly) to contact the original poster to exchange contact information - looks like that is a chat program so I'll I'll leave that open to wait for a reply or call sometime today.

I hope that works.

Is that the standard way to send a private message to another member?
Thanks

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
click on his name, then "start a conversation" it came up for me :dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle