When Did Ford Install a Cummins???

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tuckerd1 said:
After further investigation, the VIN 2ftjw35c4pcb16442 is for a 93. The 93 VIN Engine Table shows the "C" as 7.3 turbo (?).

I was wondering. I know the local Ford dealer in October/November of 1992 swore they could not even special order a F350 CC 4x4 with duals. So it seemed strange that a 5.9L could be ordered.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealers around here must not have got the message, cause there is dozens of early 90's 4x4 cc F-350's running around.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A dually and a cc are horses of two different colors.

A dually has a wide rear-end and big ugly hips.

A cc is a cab-chassis and the woods are full of them in 4x4 ton with dual rear wheels.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MIDNIGHT RIDER said:
A cc is a cab-chassis and the woods are full of them in 4x4 ton with dual rear wheels.
FWIW, I think he meant "crew cab", not "cab-chassis"...and IIRC crew cab dualies weren't offered with 4 wheel drive until the SuperDoodys came out. Never could figure out why, though, unless they figured that the front drivetrain made the truck so heavy that it couldn't carry enough weight to justify the DRW without going over GVWR? Just a brainstorm...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
The Warden said:
Never could figure out why, though, unless they figured that the front drivetrain made the truck so heavy that it couldn't carry enough weight to justify the DRW without going over GVWR? Just a brainstorm...

Ever try to do a u-turn with one let along the drive thru?????? don't happen too often.
Tim, ya might be onto something with that cause the plate difference between my 2 rigs is $100.00 more for the 4x4 CC. :puke:

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Warden said, I meant crew cab.

At the time we owned a large in the bed camper and towed a jeep in the summer and snowmobiles in the winter with a F250 supercab 4x4. A dually would have added some stability.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dsl_Dog_Catcher said:
Ever try to do a u-turn with one let along the drive thru?????? don't happen too often.
Someone once said that Dana 60 equipped trucks can turn tighter than TTB trucks (for some reason, the wheels on solid axle trucks could turn further? *shrug* ), but I have no idea if it's true or not. I know that I can barely make a U-turn on a 6-lane road in my truck even WITH swinging out first...turning radius of an aircraft carrier :D

I don't even bother with drive-thrus...I special-order food anyways, so I always go into the place...

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
The Warden said:
Someone once said that Dana 60 equipped trucks can turn tighter than TTB trucks (for some reason, the wheels on solid axle trucks could turn further? *shrug* ), but I have no idea if it's true or not. I know that I can barely make a U-turn on a 6-lane road in my truck even WITH swinging out first...turning radius of an aircraft carrier :D

I don't even bother with drive-thrus...I special-order food anyways, so I always go into the place...
Come on now... :D I took my truck through a Lee's chicken drivethru, one of those ones that has cement curbs on BOTH sides, BACKWARDS ;Sweet ;Sweet . We ordered a bisquit (yes maam, just a bisquit. Nothing else) and were so busy laughing our heads off we forgot the change for a $5 (total was like 30 cents). Didn't hit the curb!! Those were the days :rolleyes:
James

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I remember seeing that brand new from the factory picture of an F-350 with a cummins in it in Brazil. Was like a 2003 or 2004.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I wish I had the money cause ford has a 2.5L Turbo Intercooled Diesel powered Ranger.Who makes a 2.5L 4banger diesel?We need to get rid of all these greenie weenies so we can get some of these cool Ausie vehicles up here!Still selling the 7.3L PSD down there,Got a Real hot rod of a car(Ford GT that has lines some what resembling the Mustang of the late 90s) with a 5.4L DOHC V8,6spd manual or 6spd auto and body kit!Atleast now I know why Ford and GM are hurting so bad.They make the cars but can't sell them here cause of the bleeding heart Liberals!Now the Utes.....OH MAMA!V8 Modern Ranchero.Super Persuit and Tornado!I'm moving to the land of OZ!Watch out Steve Irwin!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online