whats up with fuel leaking out of this little rectangular connector

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a fuel leak off the small rectangular connector on top of the fuel filter housing. I kinda bunged it up when I removed it and if I can identify it I might be able to replace it

Thanks guys
Dan
You must be registered for see images attach

mine has a small rectangular sensor right were this ones has that brass looking plug at. Its leaking, any chance one of you guys knows what that is

Last edited:

FordCoalRoller

IDI Probbie
Reaction score
It is the oring and actually a quad oring. Have a fleet of trucks at work with this problem and we had a quad oring kit in our parts room. Replaced the old ones and havent had any trouble since.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Go into the tech articles section....there's a technical write up on replacing the o rings and there should be a size/part number for them.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
These are a cheap spare items to have on hand for future sunday leaks after 8 pm...:sly

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey thanks all, I was having trouble bringing up the site yesterday or I'd have responded sooner.

deal is I damaged that little rectangular plastic thing that plugs into the top, getting it off. I'm going to need another one. Those three grooves that snap down onto the stationary part, all screwed up. Fortunately the stationary part looks good tho.

I'm having an impossible time finding the harness that goes to the distributor the IP and the sensor, so if anyone knows a site thats got them I'd be most appreciative

It looks like the fuel is leaking from the plug at the top and not the O ring at the bottom of the fixture. Or am I just imagining things and its pretty much gotta be coming from the o ring.

OK I just looked at some pictures of the break down of that thing and ya, it looks like it can only be the O ring. but I'm still going to need that plug fitting at the top that goes onto the harness

Last edited:

FordCoalRoller

IDI Probbie
Reaction score
If you have p ullapart junk yard in your area they are a pretty goodsource for parts for our trucks and they are very affordable just have to pull the part yourself.

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yah I"m looking for one thats got my truck but its not so easy to find one with a diesel nor is it all that easy to dig up one that even knows what vehicles they have in the yard.

goober

Reaction score
ok call me stupid but i dont run a fuel heater on mine mine started leaking and i just plugged it with some bad ass rtv and no leaks at all .... i just rememberd it lol i was out of town and mine was pouring fuel everywhere but the rtv chit was a nice quick fix

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
On the ebay 6.9 board you will find the heater eleament for aeound $70.00. Several members here have removed and done away with these problematic heater o-rings. No startup problems reported either. I'm not really sure we even need these heaters.... Somehow I feel if the fuel was kept cooler it would stay denser because its molicules are smaller. Thats what the weekend drag racers did with the cool cans. Fill them with dry ice and run a coil of copper tubeing thru it and presto.. You are deliering really dense cold fuel to your engine... Just like running an intercooler.:sly