What's the "thingy" on top of my turbo?

Mr.Diesel

Reaction score
Since I'm a total Newbe to these IDIs this may seem like a stupid question to a few here, but what in the world is plumbed into the center cection on my 94s factory Garret turbo? Hard line from the back of the block up to some sort of valve-looking thingy on the top, then I guess I forgot to look where it went from there...sorry camera troubles right now so no pic...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its the oil feed to the center section bearings... Pictures would be nice but your discription is telling me its the oil feed line... On my Banks its a braided stainless steel line from down near the oil filter and bellhousing flange.

Slade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its the oil feed to the center section bearings... Pictures would be nice but your discription is telling me its the oil feed line... On my Banks its a braided stainless steel line from down near the oil filter and bellhousing flange.

On a '94 it should be a hard line to the top of the block back by the bell housing

Mr.Diesel

Reaction score
Makes sense...I'm used to Holsets and this just looked totally different, almost like some sort of valve. But I don't recall any other way for the turbo to get oil, so I'm going with oil lines :)

Mr.Diesel

Reaction score
Yup, oil feed for the turbo. Might also have the factory oil pressure sender on it as well?

Yes, Sir, I believe it does. At least there's sensor there for sumthin...maybe it's a reverse-rotation-warning-buzzor-sensor-thingy for an IDIOT light LOL

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, Sir, I believe it does. At least there's sensor there for sumthin...maybe it's a reverse-rotation-warning-buzzor-sensor-thingy for an IDIOT light LOL

So how is it running??

Mr.Diesel

Reaction score
So how is it running??

IDK...Still all stock intake/exhaust so I babied it on the way home from Rons. It went in the shop and got tore back down. We have the front end all re-done, stock exhaust is off and most of the new 4" kit on (need to mod a DP for it but welder is out of gas :( ), and I have most of the interrior gutted. I'm doing sound deadener, audio/video, and some other misc. stuff...I'll keep ya informed when the time comes!:thumbsup:

brianlowe

Reaction score
Since I'm a total Newbe to these IDIs this may seem like a stupid question to a few here, but what in the world is plumbed into the center cection on my 94s factory Garret turbo? Hard line from the back of the block up to some sort of valve-looking thingy on the top, then I guess I forgot to look where it went from there...sorry camera troubles right now so no pic...

that is where the oil pressure sensor is and the oil supply and return for the turbo I know because mine is cracked and leaking and Ford has discontinued the parts for this

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is where the oil pressure sensor is and the oil supply and return for the turbo I know because mine is cracked and leaking and Ford has discontinued the parts for this
post a pic of what is leaking. chances are it's just the rubber olive at the end of the feed line.

Attachments

• SL371008.JPG
    SL371008.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 15
  • SL371006.JPG
    SL371006.JPG
    285.3 KB · Views: 12
  • SL370772.JPG
    SL370772.JPG
    295.4 KB · Views: 28