What to Use?

Tyrod

Reaction score
i am going wanting to make a wmo setup, i have a 250 gallon tank and two 55 gallon plastic barrels to use, i also have a couple electric motors and power stering pumps. now i need to know where to get the parts to make the filter setup. Likepart numbers on filters, filter holders(dont know technical name, and if i need anything else? i want to run three filters a 50 micron, 20 micron, and 2 micron.

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to TSC there in Lubbock and get 3 water filter housings. Then start reading on the filters for micron ratings. TSC may not have all the filters you need so check around at ACE, Lowes, ect. I used 2 water filter housings and a golden rod plastic bowl w/water block 5 micron filter. I had to settle for 20, 10 and 5 micro with what was available here. I want a 100 and a 50 micron sock to add for pre filters between my 300 gal settling tank and 300 gal fuel tank. I use a 50 gal drum to dump my filter waste into when changing filters. This winter I will pour the oil off the frozen water and see what I can save from the drum. I will also pump all the oil off my settling tank when that water freezes.

Tyrod

Reaction score
How well does the water block filter work? cuz i have a couple of places to get used oil, but two of the places are machine shops and the oil is mixed with coolant, would it filter that out? Do you have any pictures of your setup?

7.3 powerstrok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
machine shop oil/COOLANT NO GOOD

oil found in most machine shops use a formula of water based -poly-teflon-synthetic type oil & coolant blend ,in my opinion it aint good for fuel ,also machine shop oil will have high trace elements of copper,brass,steel ect that would be diffacult to remove /filter ...find a drum used motor oil let it settle for a few days ,buy a baldwin bf 7587 filter its 2 -micron spin-on ,and has a 1-14 thread ,buy a filter spin on housing w/1-14 thread ,

Tyrod

Reaction score
well i have my supply of oil now, a good budy of mine has a transmission shop here and is going to let me take what i need. And the TSC here in lubbock has almost no selection of filters and does not have housings seprate, so im going to try car quest and nappa in the morning and see what they have. Instead of using the power steering pump to push it threw the filters im going to use compressed air, and then i have an extra pump out of an in bed fuel tank to pump the filtered oil into my truck. I should have the setup done by tomoro if all goes well

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll get a picture of my set up today, it isn't anything to look at. I let my pick up wand slip to far down into the tank the other day and picked up some water. The water block stopped it cold, it is a must have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726