What to inject in a water/methanol injection kit..

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Whats the best and safest to use with the kit? I've heard people use washer fluid, straight water, water and alcohol, water and methanol... What should I go with?

Simmonscoating

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if towing distiled water only. playing around daily driving use windshield fluid the blue stuff only. if it starts to ping do a 50/50 mix water / windshield fluid thats what i run it does make a difference.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
So washer fluid isn't good to use towing? I'll run straight water, the main reason I'm doing this is to add a little pep and run cooler while towing.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I know some who have run washer fluid, but a couple guys I know that pull diesels said that is has soap in it and a blend your own mix was better (water/****) and then you can customize the blend to your engine's likes as well. Just another tool to go along with nozzle and pressure to adjust things too!

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I know that Trav used the blue windshield washer fluid in E-1...... but then again....... it is now Rotting in the Kudzu in Alabama since he used so much it was hydrolocking the engine, just a little, while it was running.........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance