What to grab off of a early 99 (98 build date)

fordtuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have run across a pair of trucks i can get parts from for my obs 95, 2 early 99's. one 4x4 one 2wd.
I know the spider.the ic. also the idm will be an upgrade for mine.maybe the 4r100 for a spare.
But is there anything else that i can get that will fit on my rig without a ton of fab work?
Thanks....:thumbsup:

fordtuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. Learn something new monthly with these rigs. I was under the impression the PCM on the super duty wouldn't work on the obs.

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id have to look at wiring diagrams but I think obs and super duties are different.

Chase

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
I have a early 99 350 that I'm selling to a friend to drop a cummins in. I also have the 97 in my sig. I was wondering about changing turbos and putting the intercooler on the 97. Maybe injectors and things like that. Just looking for a lil clairity on this.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Ok... so here's the scoop on the SD and OBS engines (short style)

-The E99 plenums are the same as the OBS. That's why the IC spider will work on an OBS.
-The E99 turbo is more like a van turbo than it is an OBS or SD turbo. It's a slight upgrade over the OBS. You'll need the up pipes, collector, and passenger side exhaust manifold to make it work. Not sure if that's the same for an E99 to an OBS, but for a L99-03, thats what you have to do.
-The PCM for the E99 will NOT work in an OBS unless you re-pin your OBS harness. It's not hard, just time consuming. There's a great article on how to do it on PSN. And you will need to get it flashed to run single shots; not too hard or too expensive.
-The 4r100 will NOT work with the OBS PCM. It WILL work if you wire in the E99 PCM though.
-The E99 injectors are nowhere near as much of an upgrade to an OBS as you may believe. They'll only net you about 20-30 more horses than your stock injectors on an OBS. Just get new injectors and be happier with your engine.

fordtuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... so here's the scoop on the SD and OBS engines (short style)

-The E99 plenums are the same as the OBS. That's why the IC spider will work on an OBS.
-The E99 turbo is more like a van turbo than it is an OBS or SD turbo. It's a slight upgrade over the OBS. You'll need the up pipes, collector, and passenger side exhaust manifold to make it work. Not sure if that's the same for an E99 to an OBS, but for a L99-03, thats what you have to do.
-The PCM for the E99 will NOT work in an OBS unless you re-pin your OBS harness. It's not hard, just time consuming. There's a great article on how to do it on PSN. And you will need to get it flashed to run single shots; not too hard or too expensive.
-The 4r100 will NOT work with the OBS PCM. It WILL work if you wire in the E99 PCM though.
-The E99 injectors are nowhere near as much of an upgrade to an OBS as you may believe. They'll only net you about 20-30 more horses than your stock injectors on an OBS. Just get new injectors and be happier with your engine.
Great info....Thanks ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online