what to do?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
If I go on a trip 4-5k away during 1 week should I change the oil bc of the miles or just drive? I use 15-40w motorcraft diesel oil and 1995ps oil filter.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Just drive man... Highway miles are easier on an engine than stop and go traffic. Just keep an eye on your oil pressure at idle if it drops to zero at idle then that means that your oil filter is plugged and is in bypass mode. How do I know this? Because while pulling back from Florida a couple years back I hit my mileage for an oil change in The Enterprise while down in Florida and on the way back in Atlanta traffic I noticed that when I had to stop for traffic my oil pressure hit bottom - stopped at a Walmart for the night and had them change the oil and filter in the morning - all better. What I did while I was sitting in traffic was I just kept her off idle (held her at 1200 rpm or so) or shut her down while waiting on traffic to start moving again. But I highly doubt you will have a problem unless your oil sample reports came back like mine which were HIGH in most all metal groups.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well thank you, I know some guys use it for around 5k so that will give me the chance to get some place and change oil and filter for another 5k. I change mine every 3k but I know it should go longer than that how long do you guys think motorcraft 15-40w with motorcraft oil filter will take?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EZ, you can get away with it (not doing an oil change), but if it were me, I'd probably figure on changing it on the road, and then burning the old oil off in the fuel tank (no disposal problem). I took a case of oil with me to Michigan in 04' to do just that, but I ended up not exceeding my 2K interval, so I didn't have to.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well that makes sence too, I dont want to stop using motorcraft since is the only oil I have used on this engine so I see where I can change the oil on it bc there is one more thing I dont allow and that is somebody else changing the oil on my truck specially if that includes driving it, no no :draw :shoot:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online