what powers the fuel shut off solenoid...??

sureshot40sw

Reaction score
I have diagnosed my problem down to not having power to the FSS.... I did the gas rag over the intake to start it and w hotwire to the FSS from the battery and she runs fine... remove the wire and she dies.,....

got fuel to the filter and bled ... no air... new filter... 120 gallons of fuel in tank..

been searchinh all over the net and cant find info on what controls the FSS....

the glow plugs also quit working... no clicking under the hood and no dash lights...

please help... I gotta go to work...

edit: sorry... forgot to add my info...

94 7.3 IDI with less than 50K miles on crate motor.... dunno if IP is new or not... its sposed to be...

BUILT E4od....

thabnks agin

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Any chance you swapped the connections from the cold timing advance and the FSS?

Please fill out you sig(under user cp at top) so we know what your working on. thanks and welcome to OB

sureshot40sw

Reaction score
nope... all I did was pull the FSS and check for voltage... nothin... added a hot wire, put a gas filled rag over intake and she started... pull the wire she dies...

it was running fine until yesterday.... I pulled out on the street and it died like I turned the key off.... now the glowplugs wont work either....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you have a fusible link to chase down if you are having a power problem coming out of the ignition switch. I keep a spare fused jumper wire in my glovebox just in case if the ignition switch goes TU. That's the beauty of these trucks....one wire operation when the situation demands it:thumbsup:

sureshot40sw

Reaction score
shorted fire...????

would the ign switch also cause the glow plugs to stop working ....?????

whatever it is... it killed the fuel shut off solenoid and the glow plugs....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance