What I've been up to...

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks good, hows it sound with true dauls also are they 2.5" dauls or ??. I wanna run dauls on mine after it's done, just don't know whaat size or what mufflers i wanna run yet.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
its 2 1/4" true duals with some medium lenght (now blown out) glasspacks. sounds like a typical true dual'd v8, cackles a lot on the higher end. i need a new exhaust but im gunna go with 2 1/2" since thats all i can get made locally. im gunna go with some magnaflow mufflers.

also i friggen quit with local part stores aorund here. none of my **** came in yet, they kept sayin "it didnt ship" or "the wrong parts came in" so funk them i cant win for loosin with these half wit ******* stupid @#$@! @#$@#% around here. looks like im forced to buy online, at least i know i ordered the right parts. how hard is it to order some cable lug ends and solder pellets? really? come on now, do ur dam job.....so now my alternator and GP power wire is on hold indefinatly until i get the parts. im so pissed right now, its been all week the same dam story. and this rain wont let up, all i wanna do is work on it. and i cant get my truck inspected, my normal guy closed shop easlier this year due to health problems and i have to ******* around to get a inspection. no one will do it because of the dime sized hole of rust on the rear wheel well. "oh well smear some bondo on it and then we can" well i cant because it wont stop friggen raining! and i dont wanna do that because its a half assed. the other place i can go to keeps jerkin me around sayin they are closin half a day, they're booked up (and they arent, i drove by seceral times this week) or they inspeciton guy isnt there. asdgfi mhjxfkl

Last edited:

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool, i think i'm gonna go with 2.5" aswell, my exhaust guy wants like 65.00 more for the same system in 3" then 2.5" becouse of pricier pipe..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in effort, pa 18330.. The shop i use is rite up the road, between me, my brothers and my old man he's done like 20 systems for us.. Does great work, his shop is called G&S welding now, he wants 250.00 to do a 2.5" true daul system from the manifolids out the back, not including the price of muffler's. I should warn you i get a better price thou, for just a guy off the street would probly be more like 300.00..... thanks

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
and another $50 for 3"...will he use mufflers that i would supply? its about 1 1/2 hr drive but im seriously considering the drive if i cant find any place locally. The local guy here is hit and miss with exhaust system and very expensive.

BTW, got my shocks today...Bilsiten HDs for my diesel and 5100s for my 93 F-150. Put the front shocks on my 93 and WOW, i am sold already. I am a Bilstien guy from now on. onl bummer is the diesels shocks are yellow :-/ and my 93s are a cool satin alminium finish.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
WAIT...before you get your exhaust done...LET ME FIND THE LINK.

SWS

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Nice find BUT that link is no longer good. I even googled Maremont #M30001
And the most recent thing found was that thread from 2007

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
My start up video, temp was 27* and it wasnt started for approx 3 days.

You must be registered for see images attach

Been starting OK, having a little issue where it wants to die right after a cold start. Me thinks its loosing prime...probably the plug for the vacuum sensor i put in. Otherwise its been running strong and starts right up after its been ran. Typical GP cycle is 10-14 seconds cold, and starts within 5 seconds after sitting overnight. A little blip of the throttle and it doesnt die out, kicks the high idle in and she purrs like a cold kitty.

Finally got rid of the scrap in the bed, total weight was a tick over 1400 lbs, truck was saggin about 1 1/2" to the rear...not to bad for 3/4 ton of scrap in the bed. Now she sits almost pefectly level (pics tomorrow). I also picked up a clean rad support from GW Buffalo (pics tomorrow) im gunna clean and POR-15/paint, not sure when it'll go in but sometime this winter. Hopefully ill get the shocks on, allignment and cure the dieing issue on cold start within the next two weeks.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you touch the throttle at all before cranking it. I just cold started mine, 30 degree's outside anyway it cranked 5 seconds and i let off to cool the starter and then cranked it another 4-5 seconds before it kicked over.. The one thing i did was mat the pedal before cranking it, wich i was told not to do. I think tomarrow i'll try cranking it without touching the go pedal..