What is this and why is it leaking?

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OBS trucks only have 3 olives. The ip return tees into the number 2 cylinder instead of using a hard line to return to that block at the rear of the engine.

Olive locations are 2 on the fuel filter head and 1 at the IP inlet.

Good luck with the repair. That was the most frustrating leak I ever had. I replaced olives and lines 3 tiles and finally just bought the line kit from conestoga diesel. I think my ip inlet firing that matched the olives had a nick in it.

Rolling_slow

Reaction score
OBS trucks only have 3 olives. The ip return tees into the number 2 cylinder instead of using a hard line to return to that block at the rear of the engine.

Olive locations are 2 on the fuel filter head and 1 at the IP inlet.

Good luck with the repair. That was the most frustrating leak I ever had. I replaced olives and lines 3 tiles and finally just bought the line kit from conestoga diesel. I think my ip inlet firing that matched the olives had a nick in it.

Yes, I figured that out as soon as I tore into it. I fixed the leak at the pump but I now believe I have a leak at the back of the engine like your describing. I just can not get a good visual on the leak. Where is the best vantage point to see this line? I see the drips when running but, I am having a hell of a time getting eyes on it. I had limited time to work on it today before work. I will get back at it tomorrow.