What do you guys think about this deal?

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to buy this truck while I nurse my other one back to health. It's got a new injection pump, injectors, a new clutch and good tires...

The body seems to be in good shape...

Check it out here and tell me what you think for the price...

Click here... ;Really

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice looking dually but not a fan of the colors. Having a 5 speed trans is a big plus. I must have missied the asking price and can't make a value call because I have not really seen enough of this. Whay no under hood pics. As for the rust belt area. You might look under the truck at the frame. Also this could be a non rust belt rig too that was brought in from some other state. Might even be a flood damaged rig so look it over closelt. Being a possible salvaged flood rig at least you have a standard tran. The auto tran rigs are not good under water. The trans cpu is usually ruined or later on the contacts to it are so corroded you can't drive it. Standard trans you just drain and flush and your golden. Hope it works out for you. Seems like a very comfortable interior. I really like the buckets with arm rests on both sides. If I ever go to buckets I want arm rests on both sides.

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look's clean but seems pretty steep on the price for the market around here. 2wd won't bring more than around 2-2500 here, kinda useless.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Look's clean but seems pretty steep on the price for the market around here. 2wd won't bring more than around 2-2500 here, kinda useless.

You're in mountain country. He's in south Florida. A 4wd is a nice way of wasting fuel economy down there unless it's a swamp/mud truck.

And Gary, asking price was just under $5k.

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well guys...

That red truck was a BADLY DONE bondo job, dead batteries and a bone dry steering pump... Engine sounded good, though... Guy wouldn't come down on the price... I think he was sneaky, the truck wasn't near as good looking as the pictures show... He must have hosed down the truck for the glossy paint job as depicted...

Anyway, how about THIS truck down at West Palm? Linky...

This is my next objective and has the added pleasure of having a turbo. :thumbsup:

Rest assured that I will be listening to the turbo with my stethoscope and looking at the oil...

What do you think? It's only $3995 and needs a paint job (which I can do)...

Keep the comments coming, I'm reading them and appreciate them!!!

rob93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you only looking at cclb? I'll keep a lookout I'm always on the south florida craigslists.

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having bought and sold over 250 personal rigs in the last 40 years I have some experience here. I would encourage you to go private party - CL or local Nickel paper even the Truck or Auto trader. Only thing you'll get from a used dealer is false info and 20-30% tacked on to the price - unless you have to finance or trade I'd avoid them like the plague.

rowingdude

Reaction score
I got my truck for $1500, if you are willing to travel a little, you'll find some really good deals. I second the private party idea. The guy I bought mine from had a newer P-stroke, really cool dude.

If nothing else, private party gives you an excuse to meet like minded people.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726