What can't you get from Amazon!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking around the other day and ran across body parts at Amazon. Like fenders and stuff. Some with Prime free shipping. Anybody ever buy stuff like that from them? Good or bad experiences?

Thanks

agp23109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never bought body parts, but I've bought just about everything else from them. Nothing but great experiences. If you're not 100% happy they are very good about taking items back and paying for the shipping.

Reaction score
Body panels? No, but all sorts of other parts. I recommend doing your research to make sure the part is the right for your car, but otherwise they're great. And, being Amazon, the return policy is great as well. I've gotten into the habit of buying a filter from them every time I need something else to qualify for free shipping. Works out pretty well!

Mike

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought a repro hood for my mach 1 off amazon, 6 months later i was still fighting to get my money back as I never recieved the part, and the "store" kept saying it was "coming in on the next truck!" They ask you to leave feedback before they discuss handling the situation, so they had the best rating even though they sucked.

That said, did it stop me from buying off there? no. There will be good and bad with sites like that. just do your research on the sellers thoroughly if spending a lot of money. I've gone through LMC for the rest of my mach parts and couldn't ask for better quality really. But there was a major difference between them and off brand stuff.

edit: also the primer will still need to be sanded down. no biggie, won't be anything major and still saves a lot of time. but don't expect it to be ready for color out of the box.

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
What cant you get? Hookers and drugs to start with, that said you can get just about everything else :) never bought body panels before but I might have to check that out now.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
What cant you get? Hookers and drugs to start with, that said you can get just about everything else :) never bought body panels before but I might have to check that out now.

Dont speak too soon... I bet if you lived in Nevada, They'd box up a couple gals and have them in an overnight truck :eek: LOL

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
Dont speak too soon... I bet if you lived in Nevada, They'd box up a couple gals and have them in an overnight truck :eek: LOL

Cant get pot in Colorado from them...(I still wouldnt doubt the girls though)

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I don't navigate Amazon really. Just book related stuff with the gf.

But I wouldn't be surprised if there was a "personals" section like on Craigslist. If you're ever bored and want some great laughs, look through the personals ad's. Specifically the "missed connections."

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I have bought all sorts of stuff from Amazon. One thing to look out for is who is selling. If it is Amazon, you will never have a problem. There are some stores that sell through Amazon that are sketchy, just like fleabay, but Amazon takes feedback seriously and will keep an eay on a vendor that doesn't treat customers well.

Prime ($79 per year) is a great feature if you buy a lot of stuff from Amazon. I have been watching all sorts of free movies and TV shows as another benefit on my internet-ready TV. Also got a great deal on a pile of filters for various vehicles a few months ago.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am an Amazon addict as well, but fenders and hoods.... I just wondered if they were any better/worse than stuff from the normal sources. I figure the majority comes off the same boat from China regardless of vendor. Having the iPhone app was a really bad thing. Made shopping way too convienient.