well my ip finally took a dump. not bad for 28 years old lol

superbeetle73

Reaction score
i got electric fuel pump with good pressure and good pressure to pump and good flow into the returns. but with all the lines cracked i have only a small dribble. i have already pulled the ip. and looking to rebuild it or swap it. any ideas??:dunno The spider hard lines were also a pita to get off the pump.

superbeetle73

Reaction score
whats the story on the nib?? and the used i just need a truck to be running

DragRag

Reaction score
The used is off of a truck that I pulled the engine from, good runner. The new one is a Uhaul unit, as new condition. The Uhaul units are all rebuilt units. I have had great luck with them. I am selling off some stock due to down sizing my fleet. I will pm you my number. Anyone else needs a Uhaul unit at my cost let me know. I am willing to sell off three of them. Superbeetle73 has first shot at the used one, available if he passes.

superbeetle73

Reaction score
Definitely interested. I had to fight my old pump to get it out of the timing cover. Gees. I thought I never get it out. And i guess save it for a baby moose core when I get the money.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
If you have a turbo, you fight it even more... cookoo

I've had good luck by pulling all the line clamps off, then removing the top four hardlines from the pump, things seem to "fall into place" a little easier that way.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Dragrag! You still have a new U-Haul pump to ship out?

My van needs one badly. Starts and runs fine cold... but won't re-start hot after sitting for 10+ min unless I pour water on it.

Let me know!

superbeetle73

Reaction score
Before my ip dumped. I found a kink in the metal return line after the check valve. I fixed it and the next day it dumped. Was the kinked return line holding pressure in the ip to help it keep running? ?. It was smoking a lot and hard to start all the time

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Dragrag, empty your inbox, I can't reply.

Either way, i'm leaving in a few hours for the weekend, I will return monday, so Tuesday or Wednesday I'll give you a call, and we'll go from there.

Thanks again!!!

DragRag

Reaction score
The Uhaul pumps are for 1990 7.3l. No turbos on them factory then. That being said, you could always easily turn the pump up a little before installation. It's a lot easier to do on the bench.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance