Well, got it running

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
I finally got the beast running today thanks to the help of a lot of you on here. I just ran it for a short time as I dont yet have a lower radiator hose. Should have the finer details worked out in about a week. Now all I have to do is figure out how to integrate the rest of the harness into the older system. Fun!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
;Sweet :thumbsup:

Good to hear. Hope you can sort out the wiring soon. My just want to use the 6.9 stuff and leave the 7.3 stuff on the shelf. It may make it simpler and easier for you.:dunno

Heath

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Well the 6.9 must have had the glow plug setup updated at one time or another since it had the 7.3 style so other than the previous owners scary wiring which I fixed that was easy. Now I just need to know what all of the wires on the big plug with the two glow plug power supply wires go to. I think they are to gauges and such but I have no way to know for sure unless someone on here can help out. Since the truck had no motor when I bought it I dont even have the other half of the stock wiring to reference to.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
And I cant seem to find a radiator hose that will work! Miether the 7.3 or the 6.9 would work.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
And I cant seem to find a radiator hose that will work! Miether the 7.3 or the 6.9 would work.

are the lower hoses you tried too long? If so, just cut the end down to fit.

--------Robert

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Cut a spare one down, didnt fit. I had the wrong one and didnt know there were two and the parts guy didnt ask. I have the right one now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7