Water temp sending unit location?

67-7THREE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for those that don't know, im doing a 7.3 swap into my 67 and just about ready to start hooking everything up..

wheres the water temp sending unit located? i wanna replace it with a mechanical gauge that i have already in the truck.

and what are all of the other sending units on the head and whatnot? so i know..

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Factory temp sender is on top front of block driver side by the IP gear cover. Over temp sender is front of driver side head, lower corner . Pass head has a sender in front behind thermostat that controls the fast idle on the injection pump.

67-7THREE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory temp sender is on top front of block driver side by the IP gear cover. Over temp sender is front of driver side head, lower corner . Pass head has a sender in front behind thermostat that controls the fast idle on the injection pump.

perfect! thank you!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The other sender found behind the thermostat housing is the fast idle and injection pump advance sender. That works till the coolant temp reaches 120 degrees. Its nice to have that connected and working. Now that large sender found in the front of the drivers side head is the over temp lite sender on the dash. In any ford truck its connected into the dash gauge and will peg that gague when the coolant temp reaches 242 degrees. Want to test this just remove the wire and ground it. The dah gauge will swing way over and peg out. Never run any thermostat but the factory fors or international 192 degree thermostat. Others may fit but they can't pass enough coolant. Some have tried the aftermarket chanes crap and they have failed is several ways. One actually broke and nearly ruined the engine. your transplant sounds nice. If you can post some pics we would enjoy seeing them

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online

Members online