water pump seal ring.....

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
On my water pump, there is a seal ring["O" ring] in the metal tube with a flange that connects the lower rad hose [inlet] to the pump...I gots a dribble from there :backoff so I drained the coolant, removed the adaptor and found a seal ring...it is intact :confused: so I cleaned it all up with a scotchbrite pad on a die grinder--no cracks visible so I greased the seal ring up and re-assemble....barstige still drips -cuss

So....the question is....anyone have a part# for that seal ring? All I can find is the gasket for the pump to the timing cover :frustrate

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I just did my water pump on the 97 yesterday. New one came with new adapter & Oring. I can see if they'll gimme another one if you don't find one. I've also had good luck with Permatex water pump / thermostat housing sealant. I couldn't get my neck to seal after Mike & I did my motor & used that to get it sealed up without a gasket. Lemme know if u want me to see if they'll gimme another one.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
:thanks: for the replys guys :cheers:

Actually I did find that the lower neck on the wp uses the exact same seal ring as the thermostat! ;Sweet

When I replaced the water pump 4 years or so back, it came with the neck all ready installed....

Seeing that expensive kool aid looking CAT ELC dripping was making me cry for sure LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online