water pump seal ring.....

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
On my water pump, there is a seal ring["O" ring] in the metal tube with a flange that connects the lower rad hose [inlet] to the pump...I gots a dribble from there :backoff so I drained the coolant, removed the adaptor and found a seal ring...it is intact :confused: so I cleaned it all up with a scotchbrite pad on a die grinder--no cracks visible so I greased the seal ring up and re-assemble....barstige still drips -cuss

So....the question is....anyone have a part# for that seal ring? All I can find is the gasket for the pump to the timing cover :frustrate

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I just did my water pump on the 97 yesterday. New one came with new adapter & Oring. I can see if they'll gimme another one if you don't find one. I've also had good luck with Permatex water pump / thermostat housing sealant. I couldn't get my neck to seal after Mike & I did my motor & used that to get it sealed up without a gasket. Lemme know if u want me to see if they'll gimme another one.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
:thanks: for the replys guys :cheers:

Actually I did find that the lower neck on the wp uses the exact same seal ring as the thermostat! ;Sweet

When I replaced the water pump 4 years or so back, it came with the neck all ready installed....

Seeing that expensive kool aid looking CAT ELC dripping was making me cry for sure LOL