Wanted: Two-tone black and white F-series picture

94IDIT

Reaction score
So I'm gonna be picking up another IDI here soon ('90 4x4 ZF ex-cab), and I'm thinking that when I get it I'm gonna repaint it. It's all black right now but I'd kinda like to do a two-tone black and white, black on the top and bottom and white through the middle, basically a factory-ish looking two-tone. I believe that some came from the factory with that paint scheme but I can't seem to find a picture of one anywhere, so I'm wondering if anyone has one or a link to a pic of one so I can get an idea of what it looks like and deicide if that's what I want to go with. It looks pretty good in my head anyways;Sweet Thanks!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black and white was never a factory color scheam, unless it was a cop car
around this neck of the woods, if you see a two tone black/white pickup, it's the DOT cops. those guys clear out diners faster than the bomb squad pulling in for lunch in their work trucks.
now if you're interested in blk/gry or blk/slvr....i have a few of those pics.

94IDIT

Reaction score
Black and white was never a factory color scheam, unless it was a cop car

Hmmm... I see. I coulda sworn i've seen one like that before. Oh well, maybe I'll just have to paint it like that and be unique ;Sweet It'll be my first time painting a vehichle so it won't really look amazing anyways. Thanks for letting me know!

Yeah, I think an obs truck done like that would look cool. just my two cents. I still might do all black as well. The main reason I don't want to is I have three friends who already have the same body style done in high gloss black...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW here's my black & silver truck...as others have pointed out, this is about as close to black and white as you're likely to see, short of an LEO vehicle...

Attachments

• Truck at Hollister 03.jpg
    Truck at Hollister 03.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 20

94IDIT

Reaction score
Thanks Warden, I have seen quite a few of the black and grey trucks running around here. I'm also considering doing that too.

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
ill have to get a pic of my 86 tommorow its black and white top half black and bottom white ill take a pic of it tommorow its rainin here today but i like it

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before you do, be sure to drop in at your local LEO stop and make sure it's legal to do so. In kali, you will be hauled in for impersonating a cop car.
A wannabe got crucified a few months back for cruising around in a P71 that was painted and OUTFITTED like a local plainclothes car. that incident set off a whole new set of rules when decommissioned cruisers get auctioned off.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Before you do, be sure to drop in at your local LEO stop and make sure it's legal to do so. In kali, you will be hauled in for impersonating a cop car.
A wannabe got crucified a few months back for cruising around in a P71 that was painted and OUTFITTED like a local plainclothes car. that incident set off a whole new set of rules when decommissioned cruisers get auctioned off.

only in calicookoo

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
only in calicookoo
Believe it or not, what towcat described isn't exactly an isolated incident...I've heard of more than one criminal getting a hold of an ex-police car that was still rigged out like one, then getting an fake uniform and badge, and pulling people over...IIRC some people would then extort the victim, or even assault/rob (and IIRC even **** in a few instances) them.

Based on that, IMHO that law isn't that bad of an idea...

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
I have seen plenty with spot lights and even push bars still in place...waiting to get stopped by one!

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
yea my buddy has an old cruiser but needless to say it dont sound like a police cruiser any more flow master hehe and performance spark plugs and wires lol

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if you buy a plain white crown vic, take the hubcaps off and just have black wheels with a spot light, your in big trouble huh? LOL