wanted: Banks TE06H wastegated turbo

turbonator

gm diesel guys, AKA turbonator
Reaction score
i am looking for a ford (i think maybe it is a banks?) te-06 waste-gated turbo.... i want to use this turbo on a 6.2l/6.5l diesel motor.... i see that towcat has used this turbo on a gm with great results, so i would like to find one as well.... i am located in quebec, canada, so i will pay shipping via USPS on top of the price of the turbo..... thanks...;Sweet

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what you are looking for is a Banks wastegated turbo. Model # TE06H.;Sweet
"oliver diesel" was the source of my inspiration, this was not something I came up on my own.
http://www.oliverdiesel.com/tech/mhiturbo.htm
all I did was adapt it to a 6.5 factory turbo exhaust manifold and intake tube. very little work was needed to make it all fit in.;Sweet

turbonator

Reaction score
i have not seen this before, thanks towcat..... we have a membership for the D.P. site, but much of the info has been transferred to book form and is unavailable now.... so my next question would be where can these be found?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have not seen this before, thanks towcat..... we have a membership for the D.P. site, but much of the info has been transferred to book form and is unavailable now.... so my next question would be where can these be found?
I have a couple of threads with grainy pics of the install, but the turbo itself was robbed off a 7.3IDI Banks sidewinder kit. I'll post the links later on today.

turbonator

Reaction score
bump.. does any one else have one of these turbos? i got my insurance money for the shop burning down and we are looking to start our next build...;Sweet