Wally the Walrus (1992 E350 High Roof/Ext. Body)

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Day after next, went over to dads and installed a dishwasher and garbage disposal for him.....

You must be registered for see images attach

He reports it is still leak free and fine at this time

Then we pulled out the Atari 7800 and checked it out. Rotary controllers work perfectly. Joysticks, not so much so I have ordered NES style controllers which should show up next week. Dad sent it home with us, wife was NOT thrilled, but she can’t make all the decisions.

Other than that, I’m outta photos, so we played and ran around and I got to act like a kid with my kids. B-I-L had a large stack of round bales, 3 high and around 7 wide by 20 long on the top. So kids and I played tag up there and hide-n-seek.

Trip home was good, stopped over at a friends house in Boulder CO. Oh and I drove the hwy-s’ that paralleled I-80 and I-76, so much better.

Really the only thing to hunt down is my air intrusion issues when I work it hard.

Starts wonderfully now that all 8 GP’s are working.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, almost forgot, for those of you in cold climates that like “lined” pants.....

These are AWESOME for casual wear. $30 out the door.

They won’t hold up well to work, and the bottoms could be a little bigger, but they fit over my snow boots and wife likes them. Warm and comfy.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
That instrument cluster you found will work in the van. I have one rigged up. If you need some help I can try to advise. To get the tach to work you need to run a wire to the tranny computer. It has the output but no connector or wire to connect to it. You also need to reorder the wires on the two big connectors on the back of the cluster to make all the indicators and stuff work. You can order a new clear lens for the front to make it look newer for cheap. Also, to keep your current mileage just swap out the PSOM electronics from the back of the speedo, it's pretty easy. Also, if you want to rig up the oil gauge to work for real that is a cool mod. Pretty easy to do, just need the proper sending module to install on the engine, then get rid of the resistor on the instrument cluster. The gear shift indicator will also install in yours. With the ZF it just has a little block off plate. Take that out and you can put in your gear shift indicator.

Here is mine in the van. This picture was taken before I fixed my fuel gauge. It took a bit to figure it out but basically just the sending wire on my tank came apart and just had to be pushed back together, lol.

Last edited:

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
August is a trip to Lead SD (13hrs) for dad’s 80th. Trying to work a few bugs out of the van that I have noticed.

I have decided just to keep the 4.10 gears and let her sing at 2400 rpm at 75. I would like to be able to run interstate speeds but I have a vibration above 70. I also am staying NA for now as time is thin, and taxes decimated our savings.

Have a Ujoint thread going as I put the vibrations above 70 mph first on the list.

2nd is Air Intrusion after working the engine/pump hard going up Mtn passes.

3rd is having the tranny shift perfectly. It does alright now, could be better.

4th is front door seals to aid in wind noise with the wife.

On a good note, I noticed new rear sway bar bushings, new front control arm bushings. And it’s cold, but beautifully sunny today

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and the rear LS allowed me to slowly make it up my driveway in reverse at a weird angle with one rear tire nearly off the ground. Glad about not adding any friction modifier. It was a small but impactful win!!

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man Wally got put on the back burner and yet dads 80th is sneaking up fast. Too many projects. Bare necessities taken over :oops:

1. Driveline thread......cliff notes: new ujoints and it WAS out of balance.

2. Air Intrusion......cliff notes: it was a timing issue!

For now the trans is shifting satisfactory and the wind noise will have to wait..

tires are out for match balancing and/or road force balancing. Also a new spare as mine was WASTED!!

Greased steering linkage, and gonna do an oil change before we leave Sunday.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and i found one advantage to being tall. the FL-1995 filter slot was empty at WW. I thought I might be stuck with a Fram TG or XG :***:

Then I decided to look at the shelf overhead that’s overstock and too high for most to reach.

Low and behold I found (3) ‘95’s. So I bought 2 and left 1 on the shelf being the nice guy I am :cheers:

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The WW around me seem to have stopped stocking the Motorcraft filters. Kinda sucks because they were way cheaper since I probably have enough ford trucks to get fleet insurance.

James

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The WW around me seem to have stopped stocking the Motorcraft filters. Kinda sucks because they were way cheaper since I probably have enough ford trucks to get fleet insurance.

James
Where do you buy them now? Online... or have you switched brands?

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have enough stock piled at the moment that I haven't needed to buy any yet. Depending on the price I will probably switch to either Hastings or Baldwin as a couple of my locally owned parts stores carry those brands.

James

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The WW around me seem to have stopped stocking the Motorcraft filters.
I know it's not too close to you, but the Wal Mart in Salina had some on the shelf last Saturday. I used to not see them on the shelves and was thinking the same thing. Now they're back on the shelves again. I'm thinking that they'll be back in stock.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know I will check whenever I make it there next. I try my best to avoid that place and keep my money local, but for some things it just doesn't make sense to spend triple the amount.

James

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s 4 bare necessities I get from that place
1. Oil/filter
2. 2lb Tillamook cheese ($2/lb cheaper.... so $4 saved per block)
3. Equat brand emergency w/zinc
4. Washer fluid, but that went from $1.78 to $2.66 (-20F)

Otherwise I avoid it as well!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man Wally got put on the back burner and yet dads 80th is sneaking up fast. Too many projects. Bare necessities taken over :oops:

1. Driveline thread......cliff notes: new ujoints and it WAS out of balance.

2. Air Intrusion......cliff notes: it was a timing issue!

For now the trans is shifting satisfactory and the wind noise will have to wait..

tires are out for match balancing and/or road force balancing. Also a new spare as mine was WASTED!!

Greased steering linkage, and gonna do an oil change before we leave Sunday.
Seeing vehicles all on blocks makes me think of "Back to the Future" and flying cars. It's like the "Flying Walrus"!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20210222_095425_01.jpg
    IMG_20210222_095425_01.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online