very wierd

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
So I just finally got my dad to admit that my 5 speed was stronger than his automatic. I walk outside and fire up the truck and all of a sudden I hear a nasty metal on metal scraping noise from the tranny. get underneath it and the damn dust cover is rubbing the back of my flywheel.:confused: :confused: -cuss -cuss Don't know how the hell it happened but apparently the cover is bent and the bolt that goes in behind the starter isn't there.cookoo funny how wierd stuff like that happens. Question is what should i do? bending it back will be a ***** as it has been rubbing the whole cover all the way in a circle but that seems like the only option.

I do have to say on the bright side "someone" my school pulled their senior prank today. See our sign says AHS and someone covered the H with an S. We are still laughin because the teachers and principals haven't even noticed. Man i wish i could do another one:angel: my first one backfired when they found the unloaded shotgun shells and fireworks in our senior bonfire. Anybody got some ideas can't be to bad cause i want to be able to graduate on the field, not in jail:rotflmao :rotflmao

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
I think the automatic is stronger, they get the higher tow ratings.

Ray;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard that planetary gears are stronger than two parrallel gears on shafts of equal mass. So technically, an automatic transmission may be "stronger" In reality though, all the stuff that controls those planetary gears is the weak part.

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
most the times its user error that frys a tranny. people dont put enough cooling on them..

Ray

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
i usually take them off and throw them away unless its on a 4x4 offroad truck that see's allot of nasty water and mudd

Ray

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online