Van engineers must die part 2

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you missed the first one..
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39068

TODAYS..ur this WEEKENDS hatred started with a new IP and injectors from Type4...its not the IP or the injectors that caused the hatred...

the van is so easy to work on...(seriously..stuff thats motor work is easy cus ya sit on the floor..smoke a cigar..have a soda..radio runnin..fans blowin on ya..comfy...

todays hatred is all new...

some know that I put a turbo on her a couple years ago and finnished it up last summer..

its 10lbs of fertilizer in a 5lb bag...
see..
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

so yesterday at 9am I started pulling her appart to swap the injectors and IP..

out comes pass seat and base..doghouse..intake hat..and start pullin injectorlines and such..

EDIT...OH..and the wrapping on the exhaust..its fiberglass based...I HATE FIBERGLASS...FYI

6hrs later..I had wrestled and forgotten to remove the supply line from the back of the IP...so its still not out..had an outting to goto..get home at 7pm..get the supply off..still dont have enough room to get it actually OUT from under the hood...so the rear heater lines and top rad hose come off...fuel filter and bracket..and the high idle silanoid bracket..and the vac modulator for the trans...(basically took everything off the IP to get it out!)

oh and I cracked the nipple off a return cap..my buddy is lookin to see if he has the spares I gave him...so I clean it up and glue it with epoxy...

..FINNALY I get it out...pop the injectors out (scared that each one would break/strip out...)...then get the lines swapped onto the new pump..spilling diesel ALL over my wood workbench (missed the old diaper I had as an absorber)...goto bed at 2am..

today started at 1pm due to the babys screamin all night (TWINS!)...and not a single person gettting any good sleep...then the wife wants me to get the kiddos big pool out so they can set it up..so I gotta mow where it goes...

get the injector holes cleaned out and blown out with the compresor..to discover the wife is doing laundry and blow a fuse in the panel (gotta change that thing!)...and get the new injectors in...

then wrestle the IP in (hatred insues!)....IP bolts..IP NUTS (gawd..I wanna kill whoever designed this pump at this point...)..then get injectors all 'O' ringed and fight each and every injector line to get them on without stripping...and the supply line on but not tight..fuel filter....some of the fuel lines..and its now midnight..im showered..hands hurt..feet hurt..tired...

OH...and basicaly every 45min someone was either cryin hungry..wanted me for something or just felt the need to pester me...I almost locked the door to the garage..but its mostly glass so they would just stand and stare..I remembered the mower was outside about 11pm..so I had to get it back in the garage...

so Ive got 2 days in this...tommorow should see it fire up..gotta put the oilfill cover on..the intake back on (with new gasket cus the old one split..)..bleed the lines and get it fired...then time it by ear..then turn up the fuel...

Im not gonna do this EVER again...

did find out that when the pump was replaced in 95..the injectors were too..theres some coaking on the tips..but not bad..however it looked like 2 might have been leaking due to the bores being wet..

good night.:eek:

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, thankfully you are almost done.

Question, did you have to rebend those pipes to get them to fit around the tranny? I thought I remembered the downpipe being a little straighter.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta hand it to ya for hanging in there. That doesn't sound like a fun weekend. I've thought about getting a IDI van, then I remember posts like this and say "I'll just stick the the F-sereies.:D

Heath

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
There are times when we should be thankful that we live too far away to help a friend!! :D
If I lived closer I would have helped you.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This is a tip on reconnecting the hard lines to injectors.... Remove the vibration dampners but... When you try to install the dampners get longer bolts and use a small wide mouth vice grip. These clamps require three or four hand to install while the lines are on the motor.:D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: My offer of free installation on Moose Products at the IDI Weekend EXCLUDES ALL VAN MODELS.

;Really

LOL

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice but does it actually get air

yup..the intake currently is just next to tur turbo..Im gonna make the intake tube pickup right at the cowl...

Wow, thankfully you are almost done.

Question, did you have to rebend those pipes to get them to fit around the tranny? I thought I remembered the downpipe being a little straighter.

I did have to redo a very little for the exhaust into the turbo..the part from the turbo OUT is all custom welded inplace so it would fit...

Disclaimer: My offer of free installation on Moose Products at the IDI Weekend EXCLUDES ALL VAN MODELS.

;Really

LOL

I would agree with that statement!!...make it a company disclaimer..;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's sort of discriminatory, but it doesn't sound like I'd have enough days of vacation to change a pump in a van! LOL

Timing old Banks turbo equipped trucks.... there is a disclaimer on those too.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
..FINNALY I get it out...pop the injectors out (scared that each one would break/strip out...)...then get the lines swapped onto the new pump..spilling diesel ALL over my wood workbench (missed the old diaper I had as an absorber)...goto bed at 2am..

good night.:eek:

I'm really hoping that there is a difference between "old" and "used" diaper:eek::puke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online