Value this please...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'll bet the injection pump gave up. Seems like it was havving a hard hot start issue. Thats a heat soak problem with a worn out injection pump. the truck starts fine cold but let it warm up, then shut it down for a few minutes and it wont start. Thats because the clearances in the pump havve grown so far out that the pump can't make enought pump pressure to pop open the injecters.. Now probably the injecters are also worn out. The pump and injecters last around 125,000 miles. Some more but some less too. So I amd venturing a guess its an ok engine but needs some easy repairs. When an injecter fails open it will cause a noise similar to a rod knock because the fuel is igniting rerally early. A bad injection pump will cause plenty of odd noises too. If ether has been used it could cause problems too but thats an unkown at this point. If the engine will crank fast you don't have a broken valve in a cylinder. These engines have only about 40 thousands clearance between the head and the piston at tdc of the stroke. A replacement engine is easy to find too. There are a few variables to check out when and if you actually see the truck. the asking price is too high for what your getting. Goos luck and keep us informed as to what you learn about this rig.

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the asking price is too high for what your getting. Goos luck and keep us informed as to what you learn about this rig.

There isnt an asking price, Im thinking of shooting an offer of 1k and hold it til I get back and see what he says. If no, no big deal...I already got one with the better engine in it anyway lol. If he takes it then I gotta wait a month to see what it really looks like.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dented73

Members online