Valley pan

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was just cleaning up parts while waiting for the call for my heads. I noticed on the corner of the valley pan there is a small tear. It doesn't go into the intake, and for the most part will be covered with rtv. This must have been there, being it came out super easy. The tear goes towards the middle just a little. Will I have any problems? Like I said it doesn't go into the intake, and I would presume the vacuum is minimal, if any. Thoughts?

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was the plan. Why, is that a no no? The pan definitely has been used before me. The little crack was there, so someone had it apart. I never read here anything that would say either yes or no.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely replace the valley pan gasket. It is a crush gasket. It's not worth the gamble , especially if you plan on running a turbo.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Think of that valley pan rip as a windshield. Now that pressure has been removed, what is that crack gonna do? Especially now that it is getting colder so the heat/cold cycle is a bit more. As well as disturbed being it is a gasket. That set of dice your rolling is loaded against your favor.

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a pan gasket on Rock auto. Didn't think it was a crush gasket. If I knew that I wouldn't have even asked.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It not really a crush one per say, but it would be like reusing a timing cover or water pump gasket .just not something you do unless you don't have any other choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online