Vacuum Pump Replacement

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I consider the rear brakes properly adjusted if you can get them to hold on the first click of the brake ratchet. When I get down to 3 clicks, I know I need new shoes, or my slack adjusters have siezed.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I wouldn't be surprised at what is in people's cars. I have to hold my breath sometimes when getting mileage off of cars. I'll sometimes find rotting food when getting people's spare tires out. Yuck!

:yell: Preach on, brother.:rotflmao

I make myself scarce whenever I sense that someone's car/truck is going to need pulling in, or backing out, of the shop.

Most of them, a person had better be up on their shots and have a strong :puke: stomach with no sense of smell.:eek:

The worst by far are women with diapered children; they must be oblivious to filth.

I honestly believe that giving birth destroys a woman's sense of smell and knowledge of plain old cleanliness.

Second worse are the latest model cars, driven by the hottest (at least they think they are) women/girls; most of their cars are worse than pig stys.:puke:

Then, there are the people that haul around big hairy cats/dogs.

The seats will be plastered with mats of animal hair.

I had to move one, the other day, and there was enough hair on me, when I got out, to make two dogs.

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
HIt the parking brake switch with WD40--appears to be about 95% repaired. The dash light tried to "glow" just a bit. Will prolly respond 100% to removal and a good scrubbing and lube--will then be good for another 15 years.

Mel,

I will use your method to tighten up my parking brakes. Thanks.

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
Weather cooperated here north of Atlanta today--partly cloudy, light SE breeze with temps in hi 60's. While young'uns ran wild around the neighborhood playing hide and seek, the nifty vacuum pulley puller from Snap On worked like it was supposed to, and the new non-wobbler went back on without a hitch. Runs smoothly, and no parking brake light at the wrong time--at least for now.

Ran out of time to remove the switch and give it a scrubbing--the WD40 bath I gave it seems to be holding for now. Thanks for your help.

Gave wifey's '91 Saab Turbo Convertible a bath--prolly just in time for cold, nasty weather later on this week. Looks nice in the garage for now.

Thanks again. If one of you needs to use the puller for a similar chore, let me know--it can be in your mailbox in two days.