Vacuum components

LowTech

Mech Wrangler
Reaction score
Been fixing/plugging some vacuum leaks, mostly where a rat chewed up the heater & AC controls, and I have this attached to the vac manifold. It doesn't show on the diagrams I have, does anyone know what it is, or at least "was"?

Attachments

• IMG_20230805_110514398_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230805_110514398_HDR.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 29

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what it was but I am fairly sure it was something aftermarket. So that's why it doesn't show up on your diagrams.

James

LowTech

Mech Wrangler
Reaction score
That's totally possible being that this was city metro bus at one time. There were a variety of "aftermarket" things installed that I've been removing piece by piece.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Is there an electrical terminal going to it? If it's an auto, E4od had an ambient pressure sensor on it. Doesn't look like that, but a thought.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Nero to me it looks like the power wire is removed. All I see is a cheaply terminated ground wire looped to one of its mounting screws.

That was my primary reason for thinking aftermarket, and the fact I have never seen anything mounted like that in that location.

James

LowTech

Mech Wrangler
Reaction score
@Nero, that's correct, like @Rdnck84_03 said it would have just had a single spade connector going to it. I did find one loose wire in the area that seems to have had the end chewed off. I'll test that for voltage later when it's not 110° in the sun.

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@LowTech It is a vacuum solenoid, but I am not sure for what. Check the vacuum lines going to your transmission if you have a C6 and make sure those are good and that they didn't route through that unit. I'd guess some sort of cruise control or HVAC control function.

LowTech

Mech Wrangler
Reaction score
@LowTech It is a vacuum solenoid, but I am not sure for what. Check the vacuum lines going to your transmission if you have a C6 and make sure those are good and that they didn't route through that unit. I'd guess some sort of cruise control or HVAC control function.
No C6 here, just the infamous E40D.
Maybe for rear HVAC?
That is very possible. It did have a rear heater box that we pulled out and I can almost guarantee that it had cutoff valve inline. The control for it would have been in the overhead, so definitely not a mechanical one.
Anyway it's gone now. Less is more (friendly).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin

Members online