Vaccuum Adjustment IP

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find the intructions on setting the VAC adjustment for the trans at the IP pump. Anyone have it? My Trans keeps shifting up and down from 3-2 with a new modulator. I adjusted it out, but then it seems to shift to sloppy.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
El Bumpo...I know it's posted here somewhere > I did a quick search but couldn't find it ;Really
It's listed in my Haynes manual, as that's how I preformed it originally.
Even after I did the adjustment per the book > I still moved it around for a slightly harder shift, but only when towing.

EDIT > this procedure should be in the IDI Tech Articles...get on it Mel!:hail:love::angel::sly

Bill-W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The kick down on mine's not even hooked up, the PO bent it taking off the IP and whenever I have hooked it up it downshifts whenever I push even a little bit on the throttle. I have been running with it disconnected for a while now, other than having to downshift when you get bellow 30mph or when you want a quick take off it I have gotten used to it that way. Maybe I need to play with it again and see if I can get it adjusted where it will not downshift until I get to 3/4 throttle or so. It's a weird design not sure how it is at all accurate. I was thinking about getting a gasser cable and trying to adapt it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to hear from you Gunther! The info is here... somewhere.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online