used hydroboost

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
how much is a used hydro boost worth. someone near me is parting out a f-450 i can get the booster, master cylinder and lines for $100 is that a good price. and what else would i need to hook it up.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good price, get the pump and pedal also.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes... Thats a great price. Do as posted above but... All you really need from the power steeering pump is the plastic housing. You can buy it from the friend or Ford will sell it for around $25.00. All you need to do is remove the high pressure hose fitting and then just pull off the housing. It has an o-ring for a seal. Just the new or rebuilt booster will cost you around $150.00 to $200.00 and you know Ford wants way more than that for them. The brake peddle is important because the brake booster pin is located at a differant level.

Metalmacguyver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A rebuilt booster is $135 from Advance auto. $100 is definately the upper end of the price range for a used booster unless your getting everything you need to swap it in.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Not so metal.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F450...d=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:10|39:1|240:1318
Now is you really want to "see" how much you can spend on just the booster go to Ebay and enter hydroboost is parts and accesories. You will fine the top end is around $575.00 and the bottom is around $40.00 for a rebuilt kit from Raphel in Pasadena Ca. They also sell the boosters. I bought one from a shop that specializes in these for anything. Its called ABS Power Brake Inc.. Web site is www.abspowerbrake.com

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With a reman you still need a core. 100 is a deal with all the widgets to go with.

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
i have to call him tomorrow, Im pretty sure the motor is gone and the ps pump went with it. hopefully i can get the booster master cylinder lines and pedal for 100, then just grab the reservoir from ford.;Sweet anything else i would need?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yeah... You need the brake peddle from the hydroboostered truck because the pin is set differantly.

Metalmacguyver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not so metal.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F450...d=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:10|39:1|240:1318
Now is you really want to "see" how much you can spend on just the booster go to Ebay and enter hydroboost is parts and accesories. You will fine the top end is around $575.00 and the bottom is around $40.00 for a rebuilt kit from Raphel in Pasadena Ca. They also sell the boosters. I bought one from a shop that specializes in these for anything. Its called ABS Power Brake Inc.. Web site is www.abspowerbrake.com

I found all new parts for $193 through advanceautoparts.com. This doesnt include the pedal however.

To me when the price is that close, it would be worth it to get the new parts.

Value is in the eye of the beholder however......

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Metal... I"m I value a good price on anything... Some call it cheap but I call it "shopping for a bargin". You didn't state in your first post all the other stuff you bought along with the booster. With what I posted for the rebuild parts and the shop where you can buy extras you wont be shopping for deals again. Ebay has plenty of deals. Its just finding them and thats taken care of for the hydroboost.

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
metal what year model truck did you tell them you wanted a hydroboost for? i got on there site and they sell a hydroboost unit for a 92 f350. i thought that only the 450s in that year came with hydroboost?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
metal what year model truck did you tell them you wanted a hydroboost for? i got on there site and they sell a hydroboost unit for a 92 f350. i thought that only the 450s in that year came with hydroboost?
you will not go wrong if you ask for a hydro for a f450 from '89 to '97.
it's that simple.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Hydroboost came on the F450 trucks and never on the F350. Sure, They came on the later superduty F350 trucks but those are psd and not the idi trucks. Also those are differant mounting pads along with differant hose connections I think... I was told they are metric connectors but I personally have not checked that out so I'm only guessing here.