UPS v FedEx v Airborne Express

Who do you prefer to 'Haul' your packages?

• Airborne Express

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • UPS

Votes: 34 58.6%
  • FedEx

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • United States Postal Service

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters

Paul

Dunce
Reaction score
This year I have made online purchases delivered by UPS, FedEx, USPS and Airborne Express.

UPS delivered on time; as I've come to expect if the shipment doesn't have to go through 'Cache Ill.'

Airborne Express delivered so fast I'm convinced they employ Cleo and shiped prior to my placing the order.

USPS delivered my package in an uncharacteristically prompt fashion. The package had been opened and apparently inspected by some nosey postal employee and poorly resealed such that it was hanging open in my mail box. (It was a video game for my sons. My guess is that if it were a recent release DVD or some such valuable item I would never have received it all under the guise of homeland security.)

FedEx picked up my package on the 13th and, per their website, loaded it in a truck that day and 3 days later it's still in the truck but there's no record of where the truck is. In past experiences with FedEx, they change the expected arrival date to whatever strikes their fancy so I don't know when I'll receive my package from them.

If I ship something, I always ship via UPS. FedEx doesn't have a local pickup and I wouldn't consider them if they did because I've watched them unload their aircraft too many times (Basically they pull up in a Cesna beside three trucks and toss packages toward each truck). USPS has managed to loose too many items to even be considered. I would definately use Airborne Express if I absolutely had to send something overnight.

Last edited:

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
I use Fed Ex and Airborne for my business. Both have served me well. I avoid the poast office mostly because of the penny pinching granny's in line ahead of me cost me too much time.

Whit

Reaction score
I heard that UPS and FED-EX were going to merge and change the name to FED-UP :sorry:

Cheers, Kevin

Paul

Dunce
Reaction score
Only two votes? Man we must have a bunch of Florida residents cruising this board. :rolleyes:

Max Power

Reaction score
I've used fedex quite a bit in the past with no problems.

As for usps, I don't trust them at all. Either that or your neighbor is a thief..... ;)

CHarlan

Reaction score
I usually ship UPS... Fedex dont like shipping the large ****, USPS costs too ****** much, along with the penny pinching grannies, and I have not gotten to use Airborne express. UPS gets my vote.

Brickman

Reaction score
Every one's experience is different.

UPS, and FedEx has by far worked the best for me. FedEx Ground sucks ass, and it took Airborne a week to deliver one lousy little letter overnight. I was so pissed that I almost had a major stroke over the deal. I would not trust Airborne to deliver a letter bomb to my worst enemy. I would not trust Airborne to deliver ANYTHING.

But obviously we all have different experiences.

2500cummins

Reaction score
Fed Ex is totaly worthless in my area, sends packages back as undeliverable without even trying, claiming we refused delivery, not just once, many times. If the only shipping option is Fed Ex we sometimes end up having them hold it in Las Vegas and picking it up ourselves.
UPS is my first choice, very few problems.

DSteinel

Reaction score
I sent a set of injectors back in to a place to get them exchanged for something bigger, sent them Fed-ex as it was the only place I could find that I could park a semi. Company gets the package a couple days later and I recieve a phone call, Why did you only send 5 injectors:confused: . They said the box was about destroyed, but they opened it to get the rest out, now I end up paying for a a new injector because we couldn't prove that the box was like that when they got it since they finished opening it:mad: NEVER AGAIN

MLee

Reaction score
I have a package I direct around the Rocky Mountain area, and after talking with the UPS store person, send it ground regular, it'll get there quicker than 3d day, unless its a long way. But for my situation ground is faster and cheaper.
Had a package sent from Calif. by DHL, destroyed the ST package PLUS could not LOCATE my address, they delivered it to the wrong address, the ND package, delivered it to the wrong address, but I was watching for it, got notice it was delivered,[not my address] made a call to the terminal, driver re-delivered the package, dropped of the package and ran like a scalded ape to his truck, didn't knock on the door either. So you know who I use.
Marv.

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
UPS is who we do most of our deliveries through... We provide employers payroll service so when I have to overnight a package to someone, it has to get there and on time... Otherwise I have angry employer and employees...

We have only had a couple of issues with them through the last 5 years... and most of them are due to the UPS station on the other end... One time the package wasn't delivered next day because it got held up in one of their main hubs... still don't know what happened.. and the other was a remote location store that UPS kept telling us was residential and that they didn't have to deliver to until up to 6:30pm ... The client called the main UPS contact and finally got things straightened out...

I too have had the problem with a box being torn up real bad coming through Fed Ex... on several occasions

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had good luck with both FedEx and UPS. I generally tend towards FedEx because much of my family used to work for Viking Freight (which has since become FedEx Ground), and the price seems to be about the same.

USPS...making people go postal since 1789 :rolleyes::shoot: :fight: