update on tensioner

CH302K

Reaction score
I gave up and removed the radiator to get some room to remove the idler.Lots of room now.An Impact driver would not remove the bolt on the idler.Big hammer and chisel.I broke the pedestal off the cover.Now I have to remove the cover to have the pedestal miged back on.They want 250.00 for a used cover at a salvage yard.My next problem is a radiator.Mine was leaking on the inside so I could not see it.I took my radiator to a shop and turned around and said it was junk.I can't find a radiator. Mine is 38in wide.I had to remove it with a cherrypicker is was so big.
Any ideas let me know please.
Thanks
Chuck

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHAT cover are you talking about get pics....or are you speaking about the mounting BRACKETS?

Rad try ebay...

CH302K

Reaction score
Yeah sorry. The mounting bracket on the drivers side which the a/c compressor and p/s pump bolts on to.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a LH serp bracket and I'm sure if you ask around a bit you will find one here. 250 is about right from stealership!

As for rad...ebay and champion rad aluminum....bout 250 or so...Rodney Red 500 + but money well spent from what I hear. Or stock Don't know where...perhaps yours can get recored?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Look on ebay for that aluminum braket. The $250.00 price is a robbery taking place at your expence....

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's too late now, but some cars and trucks I have worked on, the bolt that holds the pulley on was left hand thread. I almost ruined one myself because it would not come loose. I decided to tighten it back up and give up, and when I did that it came loose. Not sure if that's the case on these setups though.

zebrabeefj40

Reaction score
If you're still looking for the bracket I have one with a new NAPA tensioner I'd sell you for less than half what your junkyard wants. Don't need it with the Cummins in the truck now.