Update for those following the NMB2 build

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I agree that numbers would validate it more but you really can tell that it is making awesome power even without a dyno to verify. I mean you don't need only dyno numbers. 0-60 times are anotherindicator as well as the 45-90 runs that he has done. I mean look how that needle just jumps up to 90mph. It takes some power to get a heavy truck up there that fast...

DragRag

Reaction score
While I agree that numbers would validate it more but you really can tell that it is making awesome power even without a dyno to verify. I mean you don't need only dyno numbers. 0-60 times are anotherindicator as well as the 45-90 runs that he has done. I mean look how that needle just jumps up to 90mph. It takes some power to get a heavy truck up there that fast...

If he wants to provide more then just dyno numbers, I'm ok with that to. The numbers alone are a good start though, and will tell me what I need to know for the most part.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected. It is water-cooled and the oil is the lube. My bad... :D

Whats nice about water cooling is it keeps the cartrage (and the oil there in) much cooler under heavy load. Oil change intervals can theoretically be extended slightly (it gets damn hot in there when pumping 1200 EGTs!), and cooldown times are drastically reduced after a hard run. Time between turbocharger overhauls is also increased.

I have some water cooled center housings but never got around to doing anything with them. Its nice to see someone finally put one on an IDI.

There is also a slight drop in intake air temperature.:thumbsup:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow... A broken gauge...:eek::angel::rotflmao Not bad for boost almost instantly. The more I see the more I like what I see. No buts.. It just gets better and better. Thats really some turbo boost too...:hail Would it scare me to boost like that... Yeap but I'm not built like this engine is. Simply amazeing...:sly

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya that boost builds fast! That w/m on that engine makes it perform even better than before too...