universal joint broken

mustangmatt89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So to start off the new Year on a good note, I broke my front universal joint on the side of the road this morning. I was able to buy one and get it home but I need to replace the yoke because it was damaged a bit, does anyone know how much they run, or where I can find one? Also the drivesahft hit the ground should I have it balanced? Or do you think it will be okay?

mobilemech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any drive line shop should be able to supply the yoke,. it would be a good thing to have the drive line checked for straightness and rebalanced, a bent or out of balance shaft is ******* the bearings and seals in both the front end and the t-case

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call your local driveshaft shop, and then scoure the local junkyards for a replacement.

There's usually a keyed spline so you can't put a two piece driveshaft together "out of phase", but I still always mark it before I take one apart just in case.

In any case, you shouldn't be out that much dough, you might also want to call your local Aamco and ask them who they use for driveshaft service locally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online

No members online now.