Unidentified injector

MontanaJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was goofin around with the fuel lines between the injectors, lookin for signs of wear or cracks. Then I busted the barbed nipple off an injector return cap:Knob

So I called around, and only the Ford dealer will sell me a single cap. But they want to sell me $30 in o-rings! So I pulled the injector, and I'm going to take it to Fastenal to get the copper washer and o-rings. But the injector I pulled has no stamp like: BB or anything... It just says zcp519. Does anybody know what these are? Who makes em? Stock or aftermarket? Good,crap?

Also, are the o-rings rounded or flat. The ones on this injector kinda look flat, but I'm guessing they're just pretty old. Gracias :cheers:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can tell you that once you start fooling with one injector cap, you are very likely to start causing the others to leak....that is why most places won't sell you just one.

If you just have to get it back on the road, do it, but plan on getting a return line set soon, because you will probably need it.

MontanaJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd rather do them all right now but my plan has been, come mid summer, to do all new injectors along with caps, seals, fuel lines etc... I had a whole kit ordered when I didnt think I could get just one. but I don't have it in the budget yet for new injectors. I didn't want to put on a whole kit now for $50 and then do it all again in a few months when I pull all the injectors. So I cancelled the order. $7.09 for a single cap plus whatever the o-rings cost and I'll be back on schedule for the real deal come summer.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow are those o rings shot. They are actually round.. Not flat like yours are. If one is like this I'm sure all the others will be the same. As for making others leak as posted already. Thats true. Any injection pump repair shop will have a single gasket of as many as you want. But its best to replace all of them now. Do not reuse that copper gasket. One idea is say you can't find a single gasket. then carefully remove this one. Heat it up on the flame from a stove till it turns a blue color. then drop it in cool water. Doing this anneals the copper and makes it soft to reuse again. Rub it on a 10 or 12 inch flat smooth double cut file to take off any high spots. Don't really file away lots of material either. Probably take maybe 2 or 3 strokes. Copper work hardens and trying to reuse hard copper ends up with compression leaks. Then the carbon chokes up the injector bore and you have a ruff time removing the injector next time.

MontanaJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info icanfixall. Thanks for the tip about the copper washer. I don't plan on using it but if for some reason I have to, that's good to know.

You can't see it in those pics but the upper o-ring even has a pinched spot on it! Yikes. I get mild to medium white smoke cold or hot, and more the longer it idles. Sitting at an intersection can get a little embarrassing sometimes. I assume it's getting air in the fuel, probably through the caps by the look of the rings. Good power and great fuel mileage, so I don't believe it to be the IP.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
This is why when anyone installs a return line kit you should save all the old parts. Through them in a coffee can that you can seal up so it don't stink like diesel wherever you store them.
FYI : Mel sells single caps at Conestoga Diesel

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just buy the whole return line set, caps, O'rings, hose and washers. To ship one cap costs more than you can buy it from a dealer.
Mel Agnam, ConestogaDiesel
Typ4 Russ

ZCP519 is anyones guess, it's not an OEM for sure, Delphi, Stanadyne, even the ones made in Italy has there name and code stamped on the barrell. Googling that number, didn't come up with anything. Might be made in India.

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get o-rings locally (hydraulics shop). I would recommend getting a box of viton #111. I think the McMaster part number is 9464K24. Still get a return line kit but always nice to have a box of fresh o-rings. They are cheap when you buy bulk...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online