Ughhhh!!

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone ever bought a new water pump, only to have it leak a week later? I'm so aggravated! I went to Napa last week and bought a brand new water pump, as to avoid buying crap from somewhere else and after spending the day changing it, the new one is leaking out of the weep hole.
I've replaced the water pump on every past idi I've owned and never had one leak again.

And to top that off, I just drove to Victorville a couple days ago to dump off my camper shell and the truck was running beautiful but when I got off the freeway, I get this chug, chug, chug and when I accelerated, I get a knock, knock, knock. Lol so I guess I probably have a bad injector. I just put brand new injectors and pump on this thing a couple months ago. I was worried about driving it back home but once I was on the freeway, it ran great.

So now I need another water pump and injectors, not messing with the rest of this set, I'll call Mel tomorrow and buy a matched set. Think I'll go ahead and order a baby moose also.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does ford still make a water pump for our trucks? Seems like factory parts are getting hard to find for these things.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I chose Gates for my water pump, but never installed it. Still sitting in the box.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went thru a few. Installed a Motorcraft and it has been over 3 years. Hope for many more

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done dickin around with bs parts. I just ordered a baby moose and some kind of moose injectors.
Gonna order a water pump through Ford tomorrow.
I keep wanting to send this thing to the paint shop but every time I get ready to, something goes awry.

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
I've been lucky with my NAPA one on my truck, but I've had issues with other brands on other vehicles. Sucks, but it happens.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I put a napa brand water pump on my engine after I rebuilt it. Been good ever since. But sometimes there's lemons in the bunch, it happens.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Done dickin around with bs parts. I just ordered a baby moose and some kind of moose injectors.
Gonna order a water pump through Ford tomorrow.
I keep wanting to send this thing to the paint shop but every time I get ready to, something goes awry.

Can't go wrong with the moose! I had a new motorcraft water pump fail on me inside 40k miles.Replaced it with a reman from carquest and it's been good (according to my records,for 20k miles so far).

I'm not alone either.Check the reviews on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EQAVPO

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I have a brand new one that I bought from Autozone to put on this truck. After reading about all of the bad ones on this forum, I'll just stick with my used one for now. I mean, it's only been on three engines. I'll run it until I can afford a Flow Kooler. Come on group buy!

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ford water pump was somewhere around 130 bucks, I gotta go pick it up today.

I forgot to order one of those fancy flexible fuel lines from Mel's shop. I want one of those nice lines that goes between the filter head and the pump.
I'm also gonna do an electric lift pump at the same time.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked Ford about a fan clutch when I was there yesterday and he said he could only get one for a powerjoke, so not sure what to do about that. Mine is leaking a little bit.

MR.T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Years ago I replaced the water pump with a NAPA and as I was filling it up with coolant it started peeing out the weep hole!

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I asked Ford about a fan clutch when I was there yesterday and he said he could only get one for a powerjoke, so not sure what to do about that. Mine is leaking a little bit.

As far as a fan clutch, I got one on closeout from Rock Auto. Motorcraft for $63 + shipping. Look there, sometimes it amazes me the deals.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online