U-haul engines

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are all sold as of this morning. Now I won't be tempted to buy one and hang on to it. That is 4 more of these great rigs that will be refreshed and service their owners another 20 years.

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh man I wish I would have seen this...ill be well over that in my rebuild...any one that got one ill give you 1500 change the shipping to my house!! lol worth a try right

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FML I really could of used one of those :(

Guess I'll go back to trying to freshen up the spare block...

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just remember when you mention a good deal from U-haul, it's not only members on here that see it, probably a good 5000+ guest's also see it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well , last listing I bought one of the IH truck configured ones, Dan bought 2 of the van ones. Mine has a 1/4 pipe thread at the oil sender, one of Dans does also. all of them have leaked the fuel out of the pump into the valley . The IP likely will need resealed/rebuilt. I am tearing mine down part way to change pan, and other necessary things to make it an F engine.And remove heads to install studs. There is no factory serial number on the block, wouldnt it be cool if it is a new standard block.:0 I will report back with what I find.
Oh and they come on a kick ass channel iron engine cradle.

Hiball

Reaction score
Well , last listing I bought one of the IH truck configured ones, Dan bought 2 of the van ones. Mine has a 1/4 pipe thread at the oil sender, one of Dans does also. all of them have leaked the fuel out of the pump into the valley . The IP likely will need resealed/rebuilt. I am tearing mine down part way to change pan, and other necessary things to make it an F engine.And remove heads to install studs. There is no factory serial number on the block, wouldnt it be cool if it is a new standard block.:0 I will report back with what I find.
Oh and they come on a kick ass channel iron engine cradle.

Thanks for the info.. What is a "New standard block"? Do you mean never used? Or some upgraded?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A new standard block is a never used and on the standard bore. Yes this was a deal of the century and most of us missed it. One could have doubled their investment by reselling these easily.

Hiball

Reaction score
A new standard block is a never used and on the standard bore. Yes this was a deal of the century and most of us missed it. One could have doubled their investment by reselling these easily.

Anyone who felt they missed the boat, I'd say keep your eyes open, I believe this is the 3rd time they have been listed. Maybe they will find more?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And then getting blackballed from theuhaul site. For some reason they a purchase limit. I got opened up for unlimited because I dont sell any uhaul goods for a profit, actually I have kept everything I boughtLOL. Frank ,who runs the site, said the limiting was a upper corporate thing.

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey one of you guys that has a van style oil cooler, I would like a spare for my Motor Home. PM me if you are interested in selling or trading one for something I have laying around.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brad since we are closest, I think this IH truck one is the same. ill swap you . If not I know dan will. You need any extra exh manifolds? Got any pickup ones?

Hiball

Reaction score
I had sent Frank a Message Saturday AM in Hopes of traveling to KC and picking my Motor up, He very Promptly contacted me this morning and made arrangements for me to pick it up in person (With some Shipping Kickback Also). It was only a 2 hour drive and with my Work schedule it can be a nightmare trying to schedule things in advance, And since I didn't want a engine left at my doorstep I headed West this morning. I talked to the Supervisor when I picked up my Engine and casually asked what they did at this location and he told me that it was the Engine/Machine shop for Uhaul. Obviously I haven't had a chance to fire my engine up, But it appears as described, It was completely wrapped in Plastic, All Openings where sealed etc... Needless to say, Im very satisfied with the transaction thus far.

You must be registered for see images attach

Picture of the Engine on the Stand that came with it.

You must be registered for see images attach

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am jealous of that engine cradle that you got with that engine. Kinda wish I had one.

I'm glad they were good about letting you come pick it up. I would have asked if I could do the same thing if it were that close. You know if it gets damaged in shipping whose fault it was!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn...guys get pics and dimensions of those cradles for us would ya please????

That would be simple enough to make add a set of wheels to and be under a bench in no time!

Good buy on those things guys...way to go.

I think I'll be borrow or stand on a street corner and offer favors for cash if one of those come up again...just saying it's well worth the $$$$$

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle