Two Tone Pickups

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am starting to look for ideas when i finish the body work on my 84. Ive always liked the look of two tone pickups, so i was looking for pictures of different paint schemes for ideas.Anything you got will help, thanks in advance.

here it is now...

You must be registered for see images attach

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone got pictures of blue and silver in this stle of two tone??? i thought about making my truck this scheme

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I am starting to look for ideas when i finish the body work on my 84. Ive always liked the look of two tone pickups, so i was looking for pictures of different paint schemes for ideas.Anything you got will help, thanks in advance.

here it is now...

KEEP IT. That is an Different color schem and Different is Good.
my 86 has the same one;Sweet

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
X2, Keep that one! I can't recall the name of that sheme, but it's the top of line. There was 3 different tu tones, and that's the top most, most expensive one.

Very nice to, and very rare.

And I love the brown white. But I'd do it Brown/Tan.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
blue silver in the same scheme if I was to change it but it looks like a pretty nice truck, is that rust on the back of the bed or just cached on mud/snow

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Thats the nicest of the paint options that were available from the factory. Dealers would sometimes repaint them with different schemes but thats the nicest one. I've never personally seen one like that. Yours and brads are the only two I've ever seen. I originally was going to repaint my brown truck, but it grew on me. I thought it looked like an old mans truck, but then I washed it and polished it before diesel powers pics and the brown turned into this copper metallic color that really pops. I really like it now.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Factory blue/white paint job... I kind of like it, but the wife wants something different (red/silver) :dunno

Attachments

• IMG00256-20110328-1230.jpg
    IMG00256-20110328-1230.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 11

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
To the OP and Brad, your tu-tone style is called Victoria Tu-tone. And was an additional $438.40 on standard trim trucks, $369.50 on XL trim trucks and $281.00 on XLT Lariet trim trucks. So yes, it was the most expensive, most elegant and best looking tu-tone offered on the bullnose trucks.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Factory blue/white paint job... I kind of like it, but the wife wants something different (red/silver) :dunno

Something like this?

anyone got pictures of blue and silver in this stle of two tone??? i thought about making my truck this scheme
White and blue and Blue and white are the closest pics I have

Todd C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not necessarily the best combination in my opinion, but I like it. Here is mine just after repainting about 6 years ago. This was the original paint scheme for it in 1986:

Attachments

• FH010013[1].jpg
    FH010013[1].jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 32

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would this look on a crew cab only in white and red? I would probably invert the colors like on brads 86 regular cab. So white would be main color and red would be the lessor color?

[/QUOTE]

paulzx

Reaction score
classic gray

the top picture is the truck after i finnished painting it last december 2010, and the bottom one is what it looks like in the summer with the rims and tires, but that is before it was painted, you can see the box is falling apart around the wheel wells, you can say this is the good side. the fresh paint is factory colors, i think the last guy to paint it used a different shade of gray

Attachments

• DSC02482.jpg
    DSC02482.jpg
    610.1 KB · Views: 12
  • ford truck 002.jpg
    ford truck 002.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member