Turn signal gone nuts

BigRedWeather

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get this. If I don't turn my hazard lights on by pressing it down, I have no turn signals, front or back. But if I press the hazard light button then I have turn signals, front and back. Regardless of where my hazard light button is, I have not brake lights.

A mechanic told me I just need to replace the turn signal switch. They can go haywire like that.

I wanted to see if someone else had seen this before I spent the $35 for the part.

Thanks,

BigRedWeather

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
X2 - Multi-Mal-Function Switch.........

I have a 98 Sable Wagon that uses a similar column and switch, and it does strange things, like the hazard lights will only flash 3 corners unless I wiggle the hazard switch. If I use the rhght hand signal, I do not have the left "flash to pass" (flash signal, but not engage the lock, until i actuall push it until it locks..... wear of those switches causes strange things.....

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take the multi function switch out and open it up.clean it with brake cleaner,clean the contacts with lite sandpaper, relube with dielectric grease.resolder the delay wiper wires if broken.save yourself 30 bux