Turbo Y-Pipe

dman91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can any one out the tell me were a person can get the pipe that connects the manifolds to the turbo. I need to start building the twin turbo setup and that is the first thing I need. Any help would be great and thanks again everyone.:yell:

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your doing twins maybe you would be better off useing manifolds similar to the ones I built and use no Y pipehttp://rides.webshots.com/photo/2420257440051338078sTrWaT?vhost=rides

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
Banks, ATS,Hypermax. But you surely knew that. For a custom installation buy pipe and elbows and make your own.

Jim

dman91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool I wasnt sure if some one sold the peices or a kit that would be much easier than two nights under the truck with a tubing bender. Another question can I put PSD manifolds on the engine upside down? I know that they are reverse but would it work? That would be cool because it would put the turbos in the front and easy to get to. Well Al E how did you make those manifold. They look great and I am Curious. Thanks

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took an exhaust manifold gasket to a machine shop and we used that to make a cnc program and cut them out of 5/8" steel. We even made counterbores to aid in aligning of the exhaust runners to flange. I used 2" carbon steel weld on elbos to build the runners (available at a preimum plumbing supplier) dont use the cast plumbing elbos the welds are guarenteed to break. Be careful not to warp anything while welding! PSD manifolds dont fit and the stock ones are restrictve Hope this helps good luck and have fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger