Turbo questions

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 2 turbo systems sitting here in my garage, and am trying to figure out which one would suit my needs better. wastegated or nonwastegated, where would both of these turbos shine?

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Non waste gated would be best for interstate towing, waste gated for lots of start and stop. Simply put.....others will have better insight than me on this one.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guess i do need to add some more info, the non wastegated system is a hypermax system, and the wastegated one is a factory setup. i also have a turbo from a thunderbird turbo coupe (the bigger turbo from the standard trans model) that i could use, but it would only fit the factory turbo system. the trk is a 4 door 4x4 with 4.10s, for now plan on 3.55s soon, and it has a type 4 cam in it. truck also has an intercooler, and new bb's injectors, but i plan on a moose pump as soon as money will allow (after i sell the turbo kit i dont need)

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Have Russ mod that factory turbo and put that system on. You'll have one hot lil setup with the cam and moose pump. :D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Have Russ modify the wastegated turbo. Then hold on cause its gonna scream....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Is there a link to the mods?

I'm thinking about taking mine apart and doing a simple polish on the wheels.

If you remove ANY material from the fans then the spinning parts will need to be rebalanced. The rpm these turbos spin at is upwards of 130,000 rpm. Any removal of metal or carbon will ruin the bearings quickly. At 120,000 rpm the turbo is spinning 2000 rpm per second...:eek::sly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online