TURBO IS IN AND IT'S PURDY!!!

tractorman86

Reaction score
:backoff :D hey would it be a good place to put the EGT probe in the exh housing in that high spot in the last pic?

Attachments

• turbo1.JPG
    turbo1.JPG
    597.7 KB · Views: 75
  • turbo2.JPG
    turbo2.JPG
    522.4 KB · Views: 54
  • turbo3.JPG
    turbo3.JPG
    616.6 KB · Views: 70

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I wouldnt. If I were you, when you do the install do this. Take off the Y-pipe, so your truck is open exhaust manifolds. You have to do this for the turbo install anyways. Then drill and tap the exhaust manifold for the thermocoupler. Then just start your truck up and rev it up a bit, sounds real good :D. Then go along with your install. It only takes 20 minutes to drill and tap an exhaust manifold like this, it isnt to hard.

tractorman86

Reaction score
I wouldnt. If I were you, when you do the install do this. Take off the Y-pipe, so your truck is open exhaust manifolds. You have to do this for the turbo install anyways. Then drill and tap the exhaust manifold for the thermocoupler. Then just start your truck up and rev it up a bit, sounds real good :D. Then go along with your install. It only takes 20 minutes to drill and tap an exhaust manifold like this, it isnt to hard.

does it matter which side? yea i did that when i had it uncapped taking the tranny out, it woke up my parents about 100yrds away in their bedroom and i had the doors shut on the shop too!!:D

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
shouldnt matter witch side on my hypermax turbo its on the passenger side if it were me i would have liked it on the drivers side

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like the others have said, put the pyro probe PRE-TURBO. You loose temp the further you move away from the exhaust valves and after the turbo the error is significant......probally 200-500 degrees or so.

Heath

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I would put it in the drivers side, its easier to get at the exhuast manifold. Thats where we put mine during the turbo install.

tractorman86

Reaction score
alright thanks guys! i have been thinking about having my manifolds coated along with my turbo up pipes, aside from being just cool looking, will i gain any exhaust volocity, will it be worth doing? the company that did my turbo charged $50 per housing piece, so i would think it would be about the same for a ehx. manifold.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Really great looking... I really enjoy "reading everything" in the background of the pictures posted here.....:D