Turbo help!!!

Mr. Bob

Reaction score
OK... have been waiting on ATS, but seem that I have been waiting a LONG time... they are currently upgrading??? I really dont know...

If ATS falls through what do you guys recomend??

I was looking at hypermax, but Im not 100% sure that I like the non wastegated??? Banks seems like $$$$ for nothing more than ATS or hypermax... well other than cool banks decals...

Dunno... need advice I think!

Thanks!
Bob

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if your mind is made up about wanting a wastegated, then you've already answered your own question. If time is money, then buy the Banks.

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
Bob,

My Hypermax system is their conventional system, they don't make a "Pulse" system for a E series. I have dual 3" exhaust behind my downpipe. I have the Hypermax cool air intake system. I have a home made propane injection system based on a design by Zigg. That is my system.

I get 12 psi on a good pull and that goes to 14 psi when I use the propane injection. I'm told that is about the limit for a 6.9.

The difference between wastegate and non-gate systems is the quickness of the power boost. A wastegate system will make boost quicker because they have a smaller turbo so it doesn't take as much exhaust gas to get it making boost. The down side is the smaller turbo will overspeed on a hard pull due to too much exhaust gas. That is controlled by dumping the excess exhaust gas with the waste gate. That dumped exhaust gas is wasted energy that you have used fuel to create and on a non-wastegated system that exhaust gas is used to make boost.

If your wish is to be the first guy to the next stop light the wastegated system will be best, if you want the most power to pull a load over a hill the non-wastegate system will generally make more boost.

Jim

Mr. Bob

Reaction score
Anyone else have feedback on the hypermax pulse system???... the more I have read the more I am now leaning towards it....